Kool-Aid pickles....AKA Koolicles.

Started by rdevous, December 20, 2010, 10:29:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdevous

The discussion on making olives reminded me of Alton Brown's motorcycle trip through the delta region of the south and his discovery of a gallon jar of dill pickles soaked in cherry Kool-Aid in a roadside store for sale.  Never tried to make them myself.  I was wondering if anyone had tasted one?  They made the New York Times:  http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/09/dining/09kool.html?_r=1

Ray

If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KevinG

Never tried one either, and not sure I can muster up the courage to. Have a feeling it wouldn't stay with me long if I got it down.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

NePaSmoKer

rdevous

NePaS....we await your scientifically conclusive report and red tongue.   ;D ;D ;D

Ray and the entire forum!!!

NePaSmoKer

I told ya i was going to do em  ;D

My little jar only holds 4 so i will use the glass gallon and have to get another pack of lime kool aid for the rest.

A week in the fridge now  ;D

BuyLowSellHigh

:-\

You are more daring than me, NePaS.     :P
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

Brisket Lover

Tenpoint5

This will be fun. Nepas why didn't you just drain the juice out of the original bottle and reuse that?? You know they already fit in there. Just saying
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on December 27, 2010, 12:14:21 PM
This will be fun. Nepas why didn't you just drain the juice out of the original bottle and reuse that?? You know they already fit in there. Just saying

Yeah i know but i wanna try the lime ones too  ;D

rdevous

NePaS...We your forum family await......................

Ray

Indy Smoker

That sounds quite interesting to say the least.
Be sure to let us know what you think