Bubba Butt

Started by oakville smoker, December 27, 2010, 12:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakville smoker

Been wanting to do a long low and slow on the Bubba for a while
Its cold here today and the Bradley was having trouble keeping up and was full of snack stix ( see other post ) anyways
So I loaded her up with some charcoal this morning, filled the fire bowl to the brim with charcoal and went searching for 275 dome temp
I soaked down some apple wod I had, wrapped it in tin foil, punched some holes and dropped it in the fire pit for a secondary smoke source
Did not take long to find 275 it and then I shut her down and miraculoulsy the temp has held all day
I am using the Bubba diffuser for an indirect cook.  I have used it with ribs with really good results
The back yard smells freaking amazing

Monday morning I injected the butt with CT and rubbed her down with it as well
I stuffed it in the fridge for it to get happy
pulled it out this morning, generously applied some garlic powder and pepper to compliment the CT
Then dropped the butt in the Bubba for its transformation
It just hit 180 IT after about about 7 hours at 275
Should be ready for an FTC in an hour and then I will post some pics of the final product

All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

SouthernSmoked

Sounds good!

Can't wait to see pictures!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers