Snack Stix

Started by oakville smoker, December 27, 2010, 12:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakville smoker

Well here I am when I should be skiing, tomorrow, tomorow .....
I had some 85/15 ground beef in the fridge that was goingto become burgers and I got the hankerin for some snack stix
Just happened to have some seasoning and cure kicking around so I suff them bad boys last night
Not a balmy day here, minus 7 on the car thermometer so they took longer than I thought they would to cook
Only tied off the ends as I knew I was going to chop them up anyways

Here they are in all their glory ....

http://s845.photobucket.com/albums/ab19/rickrick949/?action=view&current=HPIM0194.jpg
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

SL2010

Those look great mine never that color if you dont mind saying what kind of casing did you use

Indy Smoker

Nice looking. . .what seasoning ??

oakville smoker

This was one of the kits
The seasoning was hickory, the casings were a mahogony casing that came with the kit, hence the colour I guess
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

Keymaster