Bisquetter spacers

Started by Wilbur, September 08, 2003, 03:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilbur

I have a suggestion for the Bradley people, maybe the rest of you can tell me what you think.

Okay, so I've been doing lotsa jerky lately, like to use 3 wood pucks (bisquettes), so you load them in the chute, prime until the first one is on the puck burner. Problem is the other 2 just sit there and smolder since they don't get pushed onto the burner.
If the smoker came with 2 spacers the same dimensions as the bisquettes you could put them in on top of the number of pucks you wanna use, so the last wood pucks would get pushed along onto the burner.
A welder friend of mine is looking for something in the shop I can use as spacers, I'll heat them up on my gas range to burn off any impurities.
Something like this should come with the Bradley Smoker, don't ya think?

Mando

Wilbur

I guess the Bradley people aren't interested, I sent in a suggestion by email and have not heard a thing. [V]

Kummok

I don't see any indication that  Bradley pays any attention to their email or postings on this forum....but calling them seems t be a very positive experience.

Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

Wilbur

I agree Kummok, it seems kinda funny no one from Bradley ever posts here to answer our questions, but they DID sent me a new burner controller after I emailed them my problems and suggestions. The knob comes off this one as well but the little metal thing that holds it on stays on the control (for now).
The spacers make sense to me and would be very cheap to make.

Kummok

[:D][:D]
 The desired spacers are now available from Chez Bubba.  Officially called "Advancing Chips", they have been affectionally referred to as "Bubba Pucks" [;)]

Check them out at http://www.chezbubba.com/cart/index.html

Kummok @ Homer, AK USA