Looking for a PDI in Canada if possible

Started by gmwoodturner, December 30, 2010, 10:40:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmwoodturner

Good day all
Started getting every thing I will need to start making Jerky and sausage.First on the list was a smoker and I think I lucked out this morning. Found a BT1S1 new in the box for $200.00 on Craigslist. From what I have read here on the forum a PDI will make this thing even better. Does any one know if I can get one in Canada but if not then in the USA. I would like to build it so its attached to the unit permanently . Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Gary

3rensho

Hi gmwoodturner,

In Canada I don't know.  Some of your countrymen will be along shortly to give some suggestions I'm sure.  I have two PID's.  One from a seller on e-bay and the other from Auber in the US.  The one I got off of e-bay would be suitable for building into the SG.  Auber probably has them too.  Give them a look see at http://www.auberins.com/
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Mr Walleye

Hi Gary

I'm in SK and all my PIDs have come from Auber. I have built about 5 different ones for various smokers and I have always had great service from them. Just make sure you tell them to ship them USPS and not UPS. USPS is a lot easier on Brokers fees.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

gmwoodturner

Bavind

I am in Calgary and I got mine from Auber. They are great to deal with

lumpy

Bought mine from Auber too. Have had a few problems in the past and Auber took care of the problems with very personal care.
Turns out it was not even the PID but Auber worked with me to fix the problem.