Author Topic: Hickory smoked Cooper Sharp  (Read 3297 times)

Offline wetzel1977

Hickory smoked Cooper Sharp
« on: December 30, 2010, 11:34:39 AM »
I have been cold  smoking cooper sharp and pepper jack with apple for sometime now in my BDS ( Probally have 100 lbs under my belt)  and want to change it up a bit. Had some real good cooper sharp smacked with  hickory over the holidays. It had  nice brown color around the whole 1lb block. I usually smoke with apple and smoke for a min. of 2hrs and do 10 lbs at a time  And  it always turns out great  in 21 days !! How long do use Guys smoke your Cheese with Hickory? Also how long do you let it sit  for ? Let me know i will really appreciate it Thanks 
BDS 4 rack
Custom Smoker  W/ BSG/ Auber pid controls
Cabelas 160L Dehydrator
Cabelas 1HP Grinder

Offline GusRobin

• Member Extraordinaire
Re: Hickory smoked Cooper Sharp
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 11:39:53 AM »
I use 1 1/2 -2 hrs but I mainly use apple or pecan. I let the main batch sit for weeks. Some as long as 6 months. I say main batch because I dn't have a lot of will power so I take soe cheese out after 1/2 hr and some more after 1 hr. These don't have to age as long so I don't have to wait that long before I can eat them.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Offline Jim O

Re: Hickory smoked Cooper Sharp
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 02:03:22 PM »
i've always smoked for 2 hrs with Hickory and love it,but time is a personal preference thing.

Jim O

- smoking
 -boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !