10 pounds of deer jerky

Started by KyNola, December 30, 2010, 01:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

Just worked up 10 pounds of ground deer for jerky making tomorrow.  My good friend to the North with all the secret receipts gave me a hand on everything that went into the meat.  I wasn't allowed inside the secret receipt vault.  There's some kind of grumpy little gnome that stands guard at the vault door.  Rick said "Watch him" to the gnome and sort of motioned in my direction.  I stood perfectly still. :o  He scared me. :D

Thanks for the help Rick!

Sailor

So glad that you came out alive.  I have heard rumors that there have been those that have adventured into that vault never to be heard of again.  Really spooky stuff.  Scares me too  ;D

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: KyNola on December 30, 2010, 01:34:10 PM
Just worked up 10 pounds of ground deer for jerky making tomorrow.  My good friend to the North with all the secret receipts gave me a hand on everything that went into the meat.  I wasn't allowed inside the secret receipt vault.  There's some kind of grumpy little gnome that stands guard at the vault door.  Rick said "Watch him" to the gnome and sort of motioned in my direction.  I stood perfectly still. :o  He scared me. :D

YW

The gnome morphes into the ninja guardian of the secret receipts  :D  :D

BigJohnT

You guys are just too funny, everyone knows just don't stand in front of the Gnome that is where the plasma force comes out the little hole and makes you into a statue...

John

GusRobin

Quote from: Sailor on December 30, 2010, 01:53:25 PM
So glad that you came out alive.  I have heard rumors that there have been those that have adventured into that vault never to be heard of again.  Really spooky stuff.  Scares me too  ;D
I heard that when they disappear a new batch of sausage appears. Coincidence???
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

BuyLowSellHigh

I am impressed that you were even allowed close enough to the secret receipt vault to be confronted by the Ninja Gnome.

The Fork, Luke   Larry, use the Fork !
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

BigJohnT

Ok, I saw this in a movie something to to with Fried Green Tomatoes....

John

NePaSmoKer

I have the the backup protector of the secret receipts and he dont like gnomes  :D   Just dont look at his belly

KyNola

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on December 30, 2010, 02:08:29 PM
Just worked up 10 pounds of ground deer for jerky making tomorrow.  My good friend to the North with all the secret receipts gave me a hand on everything that went into the meat.  I wasn't allowed inside the secret receipt vault.  There's some kind of grumpy little gnome that stands guard at the vault door.  Rick said "Watch him" to the gnome and sort of motioned in my direction.  I stood perfectly still. :o  He scared me. :D
The gnome morphes into the ninja guardian of the secret receipts  :D  :D

Yep, that's the b@stard that was standing guard. As soon as Rick went into the vault, that little dude looked at me with complete disdain and said "Don't even think about it".  BTW Rick, what was all the smoke that rolled out of the vault when you opened the vault door?  :D :D :D :D :D

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: KyNola on December 30, 2010, 06:50:42 PM
Quote from: NePaSmoKer on December 30, 2010, 02:08:29 PM
The gnome morphes into the ninja guardian of the secret receipts  :D  :D

Yep, that's the b@stard that was standing guard. As soon as Rick went into the vault, that little dude looked at me with complete disdain and said "Don't even think about it".  BTW Rick, what was all the smoke that rolled out of the vault when you opened the vault door?

Thats the secret blu smoke  :D

I gotta check with the BOSS and see if i can PM you the receipt  ;D

KyNola

Jan extruded all 10 pounds of meat this morning and it's all in the dehydrator.  Looking forward to tasting this.  I tasted the dry ingredients before they were combined with the liquid and worked into the meat.  WOW! :o :o :o I had to remind myself this was going into 10 pounds of raw meat.

NePaSmoKer

I'm sure the jerky will turn out great.

KyNola

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on December 31, 2010, 08:38:36 AM
I'm sure the jerky will turn out great.
With your help I'll guarantee it will turn out great!