Source for Alaskan Seafood

Started by Kummok, December 17, 2010, 09:16:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kummok

http://www.great-alaska-seafood.com/

Can't vouch for their product yet....we sent a Colossal King Crab package to a relative in MO but it isn't due to arrive until 21st...the ads look good though and say all the right things (don't believe the part about White King meat being different in taste or "mildness"). Anyway, it's a source for those that want to spend the $ £ € ₪ ¥ CHF ₨ ƒ kr Php zł lei ﷼

manxman

Looks superb, I would certainly spend the £££'s if they could guarantee delivery across the pond at a reasonable shipping rate!! 

Ain't going to happen.....   ;) :)
Manxman

ShadowNix

My best source is going here (below)and catching the salmon :)  Much more fun, but a bit pricey.... worth every penny...going again this Summer :)

www.redoubtlodge.com

I can HIGHLY recommend this place...went there with my dad and caught 120 pounds of sockeye in 5 days (released like 5 times that much), not to mention a few hundred pounds of kings we released... wow is all I can say!

hal4uk

I ordered Halibut Cheeks form Fish-Ex once...
Packaging/delivery/halibut -- all excellent.
But, like all the other sources... pricey.
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

TestRocket

You may also try this place. My sister sent me some Red King Crab and it was better then good!

http://www.newsagaya.com/

ArnieM

I may have to stick with canned tuna  >:(
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Kummok

Quote from: ArnieM on January 02, 2011, 04:55:49 PM
I may have to stick with canned tuna  >:(

Sorry Charlie!! (Couldn't resist, Arnie  ;) )

The tip on the New Sagaya is a good one...a MUST stop for me when going through Anchorage...the only place I've found where you can get a decent salmon sandwich or salmon salad AND Thai Jasmine rice in bulk packs.

Lake Clark is world renowned location for fishing...I personally prefer feeder salmon caught offshore but if the fun of catching is your mission, ain't nothing like spawners!