Crown Royal gone forever?

Started by Smokeville, December 30, 2010, 07:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devo

Quote from: Time for BS on February 13, 2011, 11:42:47 AM
This list on Ebay from Iowa shows he will sell the Crown Royal but with shipping they arn't cheap.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DUTCH-48-Pack-Bisquettes-Bradley-Smoker-Multiple-Boxes-/380279382529?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item588a6ae201

I was at Canadian Tire the other day and picked up the last three boxes they had. Gald I did as I like the flaver from those bisquettes.

lumpy

A friend of mine owns a CT store and I just ordered 4 master cases (10 boxes of 48 per master case)

I'm bringing some down to the NEPA smokeout.............taking orders now ;)

Lumpy

RossP

I was in Wholesale Sports yesterday in Langley and they still have Crown bisquettes. I will go pick up a box or two and if anyone wants some let me know. I will be in San Diego from March 22 - 29th so I will be able to bring a box or two with me.

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

Slamdunk

Reading this I'm asking myself " Why are they discontinuing it? " Does anybody like it?

devo

Quote from: slamdunk on February 22, 2011, 07:58:17 PM
Reading this I'm asking myself " Why are they discontinuing it? " Does anybody like it?

Why yes I like it very much. Anytime I find a box I pick it up. The reason they discontined it could be their suppy is no more. I remember years ago buying rum barrels from the east coast of Canada. Cant remember which rum company but we used to fill them with water and keep rolling them every few days to get what ever was left in the wood. Used to call it Newfie Screech. Man that was rock gut but hey it worked. These companys put out old damaged stock and people like bradley buy them up. In Bradleys case they made bisquites and I made Newfie Screech.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: lumpy on February 14, 2011, 04:28:18 PM
A friend of mine owns a CT store and I just ordered 4 master cases (10 boxes of 48 per master case)

I'm bringing some down to the NEPA smokeout.............taking orders now ;)

Lumpy

I'll take a master case.

RFT

What is the cost for a master case?
"Some world views are spacious and some are merely spaced."
N.P.

lumpy

Retail cost around $200 CAN............maybe a little less,
Or the way the USD is falling,  ;D around $220 US :D

Smokeville

I spent an hour or so visiting 4 local CanTire stores and picked up all their stock at each. So I've got 14 boxes or 224 hours of smoke.

I also had to call customer service at Bradley and ask why Maple 120s were out of stock on their web site --- I asked about the Crown Royal and the lady said the contract had expired...

BUT! We can expect a new bisquette similar to C.R. soon......

Rich

lumpy

Newfie Screech pucks perhaps? :D :D..........EH

Smokeville

Well, my wife suggested rum flavour would be good! Deep and dark molasses flavour? Not too bad!

EZ Smoker

It may seem like I'm rubbing salt in the wound, but the truth is I'm trying to cure it.

Smokeville

My best guess is that it will be a Canadian liquor barrel. Jim Beam is still going strong so something is needed for this side of the border.

lumpy

Smokeville

Quote from: lumpy on March 09, 2011, 07:38:15 PM
Seagrams VO or Canadian Club?

There is another rye that consistently rates higher than Crown Royal called Forty Creek. But it sells at VO prices. That would be nice and it would be a great marketing ploy for that company. But not for Bradley, I think. They would need something like VO or CC.

A Captain Morgan's dark rum would be easy to market.

Rich