Bisquettes in San Jose or Monterey?

Started by sieler, December 31, 2010, 03:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sieler

Hi...just got a Digital Smoker.... Any suggestions on where to buy bisquettes in either San Jose, CA, or Monterey, CA would be welcome!

Thanks!

Smokin Soon

None to be found in the entire Bay Area that I know. I usually stock up when Amazon has them on sale.

smoker pete

Welcome to the forum sieler.  You might want to take a drive out to Manteca and visit Pro Bass Shop.  They have bisquettes.  Besides, it's worth the drive just to visit Pro Bass Shop!!!  Just checked Walmart and they carry bisquettes only online.

Mel Cottons Sporting Goods in San Jose carries Bradley smokers.  You might want to give them a call at 408-287-5994

Outdoor Pro Shop in Oakland.  510-532-2824

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

Scotty-G

Hey Sieler,
Welcome to the forum
Are you also in the San Jose area or closer to Monterey?
Smoker Pete's right - Mel Cottons carries bisquettes but last time I checked, they had a limited selection
Typically I look for Buy 3 get 1 free deals with free shipping on Amazon and stock up.

And HAPPY NEW YEAR!

sieler

Hi,

I live in Cupertino, was on quick trip to Monterey.  I had lunch (before posting) near Mel Cotton's, but hadn't thought to try looking there!

Thanks!

sieler

Went to Mel Cotton's ... Found about 6 varieties/flavors of briquettes.  Doing my seasoning run tomorrow (Sunday).

mhoy

Excellent info, my wife's smoker arrived today, but the bisquesttes are due TOMORROW!!  I'll make a quick trip to Mel Cotton's to get it seasoned.  <added> I live in Sunnyvale, next to Cupertino! </added>

Mark

sieler

Welcome!  Take photos, post!

Stan
Cupertino, CA

mhoy

How do I upload images? I didn't see that in my rather quick review of the Help file.  :'(

Mark

sieler

Uploading images:

AFAIK, you put them somewhere on the web, and insert a link to them.  I put the few I've posted on my
own web server. 

Assuming you're posting via the standard web interface (and not some fancy app :),
you should see a row of 13 icons just above a row of 16 smiley face icons.
The second (from the left) of those 13 icons is used for inserting a link to a picture.  Clicking on it
inserts the following text into your message:  left-bracket img right-bracket   left-bracket slash img right-bracket,
where the left-bracket, slash, and right-bracket phrases are replaced with their single-character equivalents.
Then, insert the URL for your image in the middle.

mhoy

Got it, I was more used to forums that hosted the images along with the msgs. No problem, Picasa to the rescue. Just finishing up the seasoning of the smoker too!

Thanks,
Mark

smoker pete

Quote from: mhoy on January 31, 2011, 01:45:19 PM
How do I upload images? I didn't see that in my rather quick review of the Help file.  :'(
Mark

This has probably been explained but here is what I and many others do.  First you should sign up for a free account with photobucket at http://photobucket.com/  This will more than hold enough photos for quite a while.  Later if you need more space you can go Pro for something like $20 a year for unlimited storage, etc.

Course you'll need to upload your digital photos from your camera to your PC.  On photobucket, create folders, etc as required to organize your space.  While in one of your photobucket folders use the 'Upload now' option.  It will give you the option 'select photos and videos' which allows you to select the photos on your PC.  Hold down CTRL to select multiple files.

Upload the selected files and then save them.  I personally use Photoshop prior to uploading the file(s) which I have saved for the web but you do not need to do that if you don't have such a program cause on photobucket you'll be able to edit the size of the photo.  When you click on Edit, you can do many things to the photo including New Size.  I like to use 600 x 450.  If you resize the first number to 600 then the second number will change automatically to compensate.  Don't worry if it's not 450.  What you don't want to do is post on the forum a photo too large cause it takes too long to load and people have to scroll to see the rest of the photo.

Once you have all the photos sized accordingly, then you can include them in your forum post.  Photobucket actually inserts the required IMG code (the brackets that sieler speaks of above) for you.  In a separate browser window is where I normally do my photobucket work so that I can easily copy and paste.  Roll over the photo you want to insert in your forum post and you'll usually see 4 options.  Email & IM, Direct Link, HTML code, and IMG code.  Click on the IMG code and it will automatically copy the necessary code to your PC Clipboard.  Then just do a 'paste' function in the location in your post and it will insert the IMG code ... like this ...

I recommend that you use the 'Preview' function to test your work as many times as needed before posting to make sure it looks like what you want.

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

davysmit45

I am not using the digital smoker. I am social smoker not regular smoker.