brand new and smokin' now I have Pictures !!!!

Started by Rad Rich, January 01, 2011, 09:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirtthecat

No, I don't have a vent in it, I just crack the doors open.    I need to install a cheap range hood when it warms up a bit, as I do get some moisture build up inside of the cabinet.

hal4uk

Quote from: squirtthecat on January 02, 2011, 01:35:30 PM

No, I don't have a vent in it, I just crack the doors open.    I need to install a cheap range hood when it warms up a bit, as I do get some moisture build up inside of the cabinet.

I know a guy that just happens to be ripping a range hood out of the wall...
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Blackhawk

Thanks for the pictures Rich, looks like your smoke and your enclosure turned out great.  Where did you find the little chimney at?    How close was the clearance with the power cables in back?  I ordered a new jumper power cable with a right angle on the side that connects to the tower to hopefully avoid having to cut the enclosure in back.

lumpy

Here is a pic of my cabinet with a vent on the side and power built in

I used a twist lock plug for the cord, this way it is dedicated to the cabinet.

Blackhawk

Lumpy, thanks for the pictures.  I like how you installed the outlet inside.  Did you have to do anything with the power cord coming out the back of the tower?  My OBS doesn't fit in all the way when it is plugged in.  I have a OBS, maybe the DBS is different.

lumpy

I took the plugs out of the sheet metal backing and pushed them back inside to make it a flush fit for the cabinet

Rad Rich

Hey guys those cabinets look great. No way I could run power like that.  I got the chimney at home depot for about ten bucks.  I didn't connect the chimney to the vent on the tower.  I was afraid of the chimney pulling the heat out of the bradley.  It is mounted right over the vent.  Am gonna do bacon wrapped chicken breasts tonight. 
Smokin is only bad for you when you inhale.

drano

Rad Rich,

Welcome! (what took you so long to join up??????)
I've only done a few brisket, but go fat up. 
Great job on the pics--yea, we like pics.
Try chicken wings too.  They only take a couple hours at about 240 deg. 
get smokin
drano

Rad Rich

Chicken Wings  Yum!!!   Tommy like Wingie!!!

What recipe do you use for wings?

stevergs

squirt, i was also wondering what you did for the top vent. looks like i need this incloser. did 2 chickens, one on a beercan holder and one butterflied on sunday. 4 degrees here in wi that morning. still was able to eat at 4:30. poor little cold smoker still did its job

Big_T

What a great idea with the cabinets!!  I would have never thought about doing that.  I live in Minnesota and it gets plenty cold here!  First and only smoke thus far (last weekend) I did in the opening of my garage.  It was about 6 degrees out.  I could only get the smoker up to 165.  I tried wrapping a beach towel around the smoker but it made no difference.  I did end up closing the garage door most of the way and was able to get the temp up to 200 degrees but that was it.  Now that I have seen these pics I have something new to think about doing.  I really like Rich's idea as I am no electrician but know how to use a knife to cut cord holes and a vent hole.  :)  I am thinking with this I might be able to get the temps up enough to try a few other things that require higher temps without having to watch the weather for warmer days.  Being it is only January we have not even reached the cold part of the year here.  Last year we had multiple days of -25 without windchill in February.  -50 with windchill.

Rad Rich

Man that's cold.  I'm just outside of Chicago in Northwest IN.  19(F) out right now.   Smoked in the cabinet for the first time tonight.  Turned out great.  I definately think you will get a little higher temps in a cabinet.  Thats why I wanted one only a little bit bigger than the obs.  It's was cheaper too.  Look at the pics of my other post.  http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=20234.0