Venision Jerky

Started by swipernoswiping, January 04, 2011, 06:59:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swipernoswiping

Want to make some venison jerky out of some of my burger.Would any of you have a can't miss recipe. We would like it with a little kick to it.

RAF128

I done lots out of ground venison.    I use the high mountain jerky kits.   They include instructions for both whole muscle meat and ground meat.   You need a jerky gun or some other way to form the pieces.   I usually put the pieces in a dehydrator to dry it.  when it's close to being done put itin the smoker to put a little smoke flavor on it.

OU812

This is one of the best off the shelf seasonings I've found and it has a kick.

http://www.lemproducts.com/product/3769/jerky_seasonings

I get mine at Scheels or Bass Pro Shop locally.

If you dont have a jerky gun you can roll the meat between plastic wrap and chill then cut in strips.

Indy Smoker

I use the LEM brand, the hot 'N spicy has some kick.  I always add a cup of fresh ground peppercorns also and sometimes some tobasco.
Mmmmmm . . . . Gooood eatin'  !!

RAF128

I like my jerky with some pepper flavor but not burn your lips off.    I'll eat it, no problem, but I also consider the others who like jerky but  don't enjoy the fire in their hole the next day ;).

Indy Smoker

Hey Raf. .

I agree I usually make mine with the LEM regular seasoning with added Peppercorns - turns our perfecto !

pikeman_95

I make large batches of ground venison jerky. I have made up 50# at a time. If you look at my post that explains how I make ground meat jerky. The final sticks come out looking and tasting like commercial jerky. SEARCH Jerky making system for GB Jerky with pictures.
if some one can help me link this for him that would be good also.
Kirby

classicrockgriller

pikeman_95

yea and thanks.  Some day you are going to have to show me how to do that.

Kirby