Hi everyone

Started by muebe, January 06, 2011, 06:39:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoker pete

That stuffed loin be lookin goooood ... Can't wait to see the finished product.  Is it ready yet? Is it ready yet? Is it ready yet?  ;D ;D

You have a lovely peanut gallery there muebe!!  That's what it's all about ...

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

muebe

Pete I want to install a night vision camera into the smoker so I can watch this thing cook ;) If mine turns out as good as your looked I will be a very happy man ;D
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

GusRobin

Nice peanuts, the one on the left looks like they are in no mood to wait the time it will take to slow cook ;D
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

muebe

Quote from: GusRobin on January 16, 2011, 03:44:55 PM
Nice peanuts, the one on the left looks like they are in no mood to wait the time it will take to slow cook ;D

Yeah GusRobin he is fairly new to the world(4 months) and "tolerates" us :D
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

Keymaster

Nice smokin Rig, You might want to keep your pucks indoors as cardboard acts like a sponge and will attract moisture to your pucks and they will swell up and not work well  :)

muebe

Ok Pete this is a tribute to you. That loin was outstanding :o Very moist and delicious. Excellent first smoke in my Bradley. Here are the finish pics. Now to smoke some cheese ;)

Smokin Soon

Dang Muebe, first time up to bat and hits it right outta da park!!! ;D

muebe

And now in with the cheese ;D

Unplugged the power to the main heating element..

smoker pete

WOWZA muebe  :o :o  I just had me some of my 1st pulled pork and I couldn't eat another morsel but that stuffed pork loin just made me hungry again   :P  That is one beeeautiful loin ...

Might as well stick a fork in ya cause you're done for now.  You're hooked after one smoke!!  The Bradley and the SRG that you own will open a whole new world.

Not so sure that a night vision camera would work in the smoker.  What with all the smoke, the moisture on the lens, and then the heat.  I for one just open the door and take a picture  ;D ;D

muebe

Thanks Pete...You should be proud it turned out so well after all I just followed your recipe ;D

muebe

The cheese is done ;D I was able to keep smoking temps under 60 degrees. Saran wrapped and vacu-sealed. Now I just gotta wait 2 weeks to try it :'(

smoker pete

After looking a little closer at your installation design for the OBS I was wondering a few things.  How do you access the front panel of the Smoke Generator and get to the ON switch and manual puck advance button?  Other than that it's a great looking design to keep it out of the elements.

muebe

Quote from: smoker pete on January 17, 2011, 09:14:51 AM
After looking a little closer at your installation design for the OBS I was wondering a few things.  How do you access the front panel of the Smoke Generator and get to the ON switch and manual puck advance button?  Other than that it's a great looking design to keep it out of the elements.

I do a "reach-around" ;D There is space to reach behind it and push the advance button/power switch. I do not think I would spend the time to move them to the other side of the smoke generator :D

smoker pete

Quote from: muebe on January 17, 2011, 09:19:38 AM
Quote from: smoker pete on January 17, 2011, 09:14:51 AM

I do a "reach-around" ;D There is space to reach behind it and push the advance button/power switch. I do not think I would spend the time to move them to the other side of the smoke generator :D

Maybe you could cut out a small back door for access to the SG.  After all, it's not like we Californians need to worry about all that white stuff I keep seeing in photos ...  ;D ;) ;D

muebe

I am very impressed with my Bradley. My first smoke turned out awesome and required very little work. And I was able to cold smoke for the first time. I think I am going to add a heat sink(some thin metal fins) on the outside of the pipe at the heating element for the smoke generator to help remove some of the excessive heat on the pipe. And I did notice that I get a complete burn of every puck on this setup. I am talking a 1/2 size and completely charred puck ;D