Hi everyone

Started by muebe, January 06, 2011, 06:39:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoking Rebel

Very Nice!

Welcome to the forum and enjoy!

Caneyscud

Quote from: muebe on January 17, 2011, 09:30:54 AM
I am very impressed with my Bradley. My first smoke turned out awesome and required very little work.

WWHHHAHHHAAAAATTTTTTT!!!!!  For those of you not sitting at my desk, there is now sirens and red lights going off.  My newly designed and recently installed "EASY" alert system is working flawlessly.  Rest assured I am committed!  (ok, I left that one open for all ya'll (remember that's plural)).  That other sound you just heard was the arming of the IBD (Intergalactic Bradley Dreadnaught).  It is always prepared at a moment's notice to protect our ocean of plentitude, our intimate halcyon macrocosm of barbecue.!!!!

We were all newbies once, so we know the enchantment, the inclination and temptation of divulging your adroit application of your smoking elightenment.  So before you go off bragging and telling everyone how simple it is - remember the Bradley Pledge.

Loose Lips Sink Ships!

Now everybody don't moan at the same time - those that have been forum members for a time knows what is coming next.

Drum roll please -----Time to break out THE pledge.

Never ever forget the Bradley Pledge - Do NOT be guilty are letting out too much information that in the wrong hands could be detrimental to the enjoyment of our journey to smoking nirvana!  Others have said that in the wrong hands, the release of that information could tend to curtail the consumption of adult beverages. 

Raise your right hand, step on your left toe, close both eyes and read after me:

The pledge -- "We pledge, under the penalty of having our Bradley melt into nothingness, never to tell our OR especially anyone else's adoring and admiring family (particularly significant others) and friends, the SECRET (the ease) of Bradley Smoking.  We further Pledge to use our Bradleys as often as possible so as to never let our family and friends be without smoked delicacies.  There are just some things that should not be smoked and until we find out what they are, we Pledge to smoke everything we can catch, drag to the smoker, wrap in bacon, and fit into our Bradleys."

Now go about you merry day, but let that little thing in the back of your mind - that little nagging thing called a conscience take over before you utter any word about how easy this is to any rug rats or wife's of the female persuasion, or anybody else, except us, your forum buddies and anybody whom you might be trying to convert to a Bradley Smoker!

AND as Hal has reminded us in the past -

When you begin a smoke...

Always run your finger in one of those greasy smoker crevices (that you never really clean good).  Dab your face and arms a bit.
"This is war.  Act like it.
Awrighten."

"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

SoCalBuilder

Always run your finger in one of those greasy smoker crevices (that you never really clean good).  Dab your face and arms a bit.
"This is war.  Act like it.
Awrighten."

[/quote]

;D ;D ;D ;D

muebe

So I decided to add a heatsink for the pipe where the puck burner element is to help remove some of that excessive heat on the pipe for better cold smoking. I am also going to install a bathroom fan in the housing mounted above the pipe to direct air onto the heatsink using flexible metal hose. The heatsink is simply made up of thin copper pipe clamps attached to the pipe with screws. This should bring those smoke tempatures down when I really need it. Here is a pic of the heatsink and the fan(not installed yet)...

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

muebe

Ok so I have the fan installed and I am cold smoking 3lbs of Kosher salt. When I started this morning it was about 50 degrees outside. Well it is now about 70 and sunny. My temps started to climb close to 85 degrees. So I turned on my fan that is blowing air onto the heatsink and the tempature dropped back down and held a little over ambient....Nice ;D Here are the pics. Also I had mentioned how much of a burn I get on my pucks. I took a picture of one and just curious if others get the same burn on a conventional OBS setup.

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

OU812

Thats the way they should look.

Break that in half and it will be black all the way through.