"Killer Lip Smackin' Cherry Cola BBQ Sauce"

Started by ListerD, August 12, 2005, 03:31:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ListerD

Wasn't sure where to file this one here... Mod's move it if it needs to be moved.

Found this in another forum. I'm going to try it this weekend. Sounded pretty interesting. Credit to BabblinBrookie at Country By Nets forums.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">KILLER LIP SMACKIN CHERRY COLA BBQ SAUCE

5 cloves garlic, peeled
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 (#10 size) can catsup
1 large Vidala onion fine chopped
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon liquid smoke
2 tablespoons Worchestshire sauce
3 tablespoons yellow mustard
1 (5-ounce) bottle pickapeppa sauce (This contains: mangos, raisins, tamarinds, salt and pepper, tomatoes)
2 tablespoons wine vinegar
2 large juice oranges
1 large lime
2 lemons
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons grated horseradish
1 can Coca Cola®, Cherry Cola, or Dr Pepper
Few dried chiles, to taste
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper, to taste

Place the garlic in cup of boiling water for 3 minutes. Remove and chop fine. Saute the onions in the olive oil over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, until just starting to brown. Remove from the heat and wait 1 minute for the pan to start to cool. Add the chopped garlic, stir, and place mixture in a bowl to cool - never let the garlic hit the hot oil over the fire - this way the garlic will infuse the remaining moisture and not burn and get bitter.

In a large stock pot over medium-low heat add the catsup and bring to a slow simmer, always stirring. After 10 minutes add the onions, garlic, soy sauce, liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, yellow mustard, pickapeppa sauce, and wine vinegar, and let simmer for another 10 minutes, covered.

Cut all the fruit into quarters and squeeze the juice into the pot. Then, add the fruit to the pot, with the brown sugar, horseradish, and Cola or Dr. Pepper. Continue to simmer for at least 40 minutes, covered. Add the dried chile peppers and cayenne, turn off heat and let the chiles go to work for about another 20 minutes.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Oldman

Well I for one will be awaiting on your results!

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

ListerD

nsxbill

If you really like the flavor, I have actually used the fountain syrup for my sauces.  I have a home four hole fountain that dispenses sodas, and have the syrups.  I use a bit when I am marinating ribs or pork....yum!

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

SmokinDoc

Bill,

Where can you purchase fountain syrup retail.<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nsxbill</i>
<br />If you really like the flavor, I have actually used the fountain syrup for my sauces.  I have a home four hole fountain that dispenses sodas, and have the syrups.  I use a bit when I am marinating ribs or pork....yum!

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Duane

nsxbill

I believe Smart and Final has it.  I get it from the Coca Cola Distributor by the case.  

Bill

There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Habanero Smoker

The Sam's Club in my area sells it, but you have to buy five gallons at a time. The store that I go to won't sell it to you until you talk with someone at customer service, a manager or assistant manager. They said that too many people had bought the five gallon syrup containers thinking that it was soda. After the customer opens it and finds out their mistake, they want to return it. So now Sam's want to make sure everyone who purchase it knows that it is syrup before they make the purchase.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

MallardWacker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Habanero Smoker</i>
<br />......They said that too many people had bought the five gallon syrup containers thinking that it was soda.......<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">I'm just thinking here, and please forgive me, but if you think you are buying five gallons of Coke to bring home and drink-you might have a problem.  I understand like Bill that has a fountain, you can use as you go but to think you are going to bring home 5, count them 5 gallons of Coke and drink it in some period of time to not to let it go flat some how buffles this mind.  And yes this mind can be troubled at times and be fogged with narrow mindedness.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

bsolomon

You might try smoking the onions and ditching the liquid smoke...

nsxbill

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I'm just thinking here, and please forgive me, but if you think you are buying five gallons of Coke to bring home and drink-you might have a problem. I understand like Bill that has a fountain, you can use as you go but to think you are going to bring home 5, count them 5 gallons of Coke and drink it in some period of time to not to let it go flat some how buffles this mind. And yes this mind can be troubled at times and be fogged with narrow mindedness.
SmokeOn,
mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

This syrup is concentrate to be mixed - I think 5 to 1 to make sodas in a commercial(or home) fountain.  It won't go flat, it just is unreasonable to buy 5 gallons at a time unless you are BBQ'ing 24 hours a day.  Smart and Final, if in your area has it in one gallon containers.  Of course the Coke distributor is going to want to sell it to you by the case (4 gallons), but there are other alternatives.  Another source for syrups are the Mom and Pop outfits that supply the carbonated drink machines that are used at home.  They would be selling by the gallon too, and usually have syrups from most of the major suppliers all in one spot. (Dr. Pepper, 7 up, etc).  Dr. Pepper or Mr. Pibb syrup also good for BBQ.  It really carmelizes well, as well as tenderizing the meat a bit.

Bill

Habanero Smoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MallardWacker</i>
<br />[quoteI'm just thinking here, and please forgive me, but if you think you are buying five gallons of Coke to bring home and drink-you might have a problem.  

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I hate to admit this, but this is how I found the syrup. I thought it was soda, and was going to buy some, when I saw on the label that it was syrup. I was part of a committee to purchase food for a family reunion, and thought that five gallon containers would be better than lugging around several bottles. Those that buy they syrup thinking it is soda, are usually people who are usually doing so for church dinners; firehouse BBQ lunches, or some other large food function.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

MallardWacker

And what's up with this Coke stuff anyway...we have settled this in the past, this is a <b><font size="6"><font color="blue">Pepsi</font id="blue"> </font id="size6"> </b> only  BBQ Board.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

nsxbill

Things go better with COKE![:D][:D]

Bill

ListerD

Oldman

Well folks there are 5 gallon cans of coke and of coke syrup. They are for a Pre-Mix machine and a Brix Machine. Bill is correct it is 5 to 1.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!