You know you have gone off the deep enmd when...

Started by Drac, January 10, 2011, 06:00:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drac

Hi guys,

My wife works for a promotional products firm, you know pens, bags, calendars, etc.  One of her cust is going to be a butcher shop who is throwing an opening party.  We have invites.

With in a 6 month before and 6 month after I have gone to a Navy Ball, Sea Bee Ball, a Mardi Gras weekend trip (just not THE Mardi Gras), San Diego and a few others.

So have I've gone of the deep end in that I'm looking forward to a party at a butcher shop more than these?!?!?!?

Jim
I cook with a flair for the dramatic,
and depraved indifference to calories

squirtthecat

Friar_Tuck

Sounds sane to me!
Besides, I was at the SeaBee ball 1979, Mardi Gras 1979, and if you are anything like I was then, you will remember more of the butcher shop party I bet  ;D

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Drac

Quote from: Friar_Tuck on January 10, 2011, 06:06:13 AM
Sounds sane to me!
Besides, I was at the SeaBee ball 1979, Mardi Gras 1979, and if you are anything like I was then, you will remember more of the butcher shop party I bet  ;D

Since the Sea Bee Ball and Mardi Gras are close did you sober up between the two?

Quote from: FLBentRider on January 10, 2011, 06:11:20 AM
Sounds like a fun - "Meat and Greet"

;D

Good thing the inviites have gone to print.

Jim
I cook with a flair for the dramatic,
and depraved indifference to calories

jiggerjams

Please to meet you......meat to please you?

Sounds like fun. Remember the strategy is to gain privileges, do not treat this as a social event you are on a mission!  ;D

Friar_Tuck

Drac,
From what I hear, the Seabees have changed a bit since the 70s.
I can honestly say I am sure I was never legally sober from the day I walked onto that base, until long after I walked off it!