Iron Chef Bradley VIII Ingredients and Smack Talk

Started by Tenpoint5, January 10, 2011, 10:50:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

I have been asked to start another ICB. Some of the new folks have heard about them or may have read about some of the past ICB. If your new and are wondering what this is all about you can follow this link. http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=17985.0  These are usually a lot of fun and this is the time that we get to pick on each other and talk a little smack. It is all done in fun and as long as we keep it that way it will still be fun. Join in, Have fun. Think outside the box and get as wild and exotic with your meals as you wish. Here is how we start an ICB.

Basic Iron Chef rules:

Be creative on your recipes.

It can be as simple as a new ABT or a recipe that would take a snooty waiter in a fancy-schmancy restaurant 10 minutes to describe.

At least 80% of the cook time must be done in the Bradley Smoker, grill or other outdoor cooking method. Up to 20% of the cook time can be done on the stove, oven.

Use any spices or pre-made BBQ sauces, or other goodies as you wish.

The recipe is not limited to just the 3 main ingredients. Your pantry is open and anything is fair game to be used in your recipe. As long as the meat and two other ingredients are in one dish. IE...one bite gets all three ingredients.

It can be breakfast, brunch, lunch, or supper, or midnight snack.

The turn in thread will be opened on the 24th of January and closed during the day on January 28th. The voting will be January 28th through January 31st.

ARE YOU READY FOR THE INGREDIENTS???

The Ingredients are:

Pork Butt
Apple (Any Kind)
Blue Cheese
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Tenpoint5

We got some really good ingredients this time. I sure hope there is a whole bunch of folks playing this time.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Up In Smoke

Win, Lose or draw i am gonna jump in this one!!!
Sceered aintcha?
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

classicrockgriller

Really should be some interesting cooks coming from this.

ronbeaux

WOW! Great ingredients! I hope I have some left to take a picture of.....
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

OU812

ronbeaux

Can the pork butt be connected to the rest of the pig?? ;D

Up In Smoke

Ron all you gotta do is stick the apple......uuuhhhhh.........in the other mouth  :o :o
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Ka Honu

classicrockgriller

Quote from: SL2010 on January 10, 2011, 03:24:27 PM
Why blue cheese

Chris has a box with slips of paper of different veggies, cheese, meat, etc.

He draws out a meat and then two ingredients to go with it.

He doesn't just choose them himself.

SL2010, enter the Contest. It is alot of fun.

SL2010

i would and it sounds like fun but i rate blue cheese right up there with seafood they should be illegal plus i would hate to see all you veteran smokers get beat by a rookie i will sit this one out but will a have blast watching that is cool how  you choose the components

ronbeaux

sl2010, if you take that blue cheese and melt it down with some butter and a drop or two of habenaro pepper sauce and a dash of water and lemon juice, you can create a sauce that will knock your socks off!

That's why I'm worried about this one. Chefs snacks may happen too often............

And remember, veteran smokers learned from other veteran smokers!

Tenpoint5

Quote from: SL2010 on January 10, 2011, 05:13:58 PM
i would and it sounds like fun but i rate blue cheese right up there with seafood they should be illegal plus i would hate to see all you veteran smokers get beat by a rookie i will sit this one out but will a have blast watching that is cool how  you choose the components

OK there Sister Mary Sunshine if your gonna talk the Talk then YOUR gonna have to walk the Walk. I HEAR BY GRANT YOU PERMISSION to use any cheese you want to use, SL2010 you will not be required to use Blue Cheese do to your objections!! You are now free to walk about the forum!!

It's still Blue Cheese for the rest of Us!!