Iron Chef Bradley VIII Ingredients and Smack Talk

Started by Tenpoint5, January 10, 2011, 10:50:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drac

Quote from: Keymaster on February 07, 2011, 06:16:24 PM
Thanks guys, It was allot of fun and all the entries looked excellent. A big thanks to Tenpoint5 for taking the extra time to run the contest. I look forward to ICB VIIII :)

OK, it's over and done.  King is crowned.  Willl get you next time, ect...

Now cough up that bread recipe...
I cook with a flair for the dramatic,
and depraved indifference to calories

Keymaster

Quote from: Drac on February 09, 2011, 08:38:05 AM
Quote from: Keymaster on February 07, 2011, 06:16:24 PM
Thanks guys, It was allot of fun and all the entries looked excellent. A big thanks to Tenpoint5 for taking the extra time to run the contest. I look forward to ICB VIIII :)

OK, it's over and done.  King is crowned.  Willl get you next time, ect...

Now cough up that bread recipe...

Ummmm, ok :-\  I cut this recipe in half that I got off Breadworld.com and I used dollar store minced onions ;D

Yield: 12 buns
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Proof Time: 50 to 90 minutes
Bake Time: 10 to 15 minutes

A great bun for hamburgers or any sandwich.

1/2 cup warm water (100° to 110°F)
2 envelopes Fleischmann's® Active Dry Yeast
3/4 cup warm milk (100° to 110°F)
1/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons butter OR margarine, softened
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
2 eggs
4-1/4 to 5 cups all-purpose flour
Directions
Place warm water in large warm bowl. Sprinkle in yeast; stir until dissolved. Add warm milk, sugar, butter, salt, eggs and 2 cups flour; beat 2 minutes with electric mixer. Stir in enough remaining flour to make soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 4 to 6 minutes. Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 30 to 45 minutes. 

Punch dough down. Remove dough to lightly floured surface; divide into 12 equal pieces. Form each piece into smooth ball. Place on large greased baking sheet. Flatten balls to 4-inch rounds; cover. Let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 20 to 40 minutes. 

Bake at 400°F for 10 to 15 minutes or until done. Remove from baking sheet; let cool on wire rack.

Optional Toppings:  Brush buns with 1 beaten egg, sprinkle with Spice Islands® Minced Onions, Poppy Seeds or Sesame Seeds.

Drac

Sorry, I realized that came off as a serious order instead of a mocking one. 

My apology.

Thank you for sharing despite that.

Jim

Keymaster

Quote from: Drac on February 09, 2011, 05:06:38 PM
Sorry, I realized that came off as a serious order instead of a mocking one. 

My apology.

Thank you for sharing despite that.

Jim

I wasn't sure if you really wanted the recipe or just kidding around :) I knew you weren't being demanding, I've seen allot of your post and your always a gentleman. No apologies necessary ;)

NePaSmoKer

Drac

Oh, I wanted the recipe.  It looks like it will makes some good rolls for left over rib roast sandwiches and I have a Green Egg that should do a decent job.

Jim