Put this in these

Add this

Grab this

Vac-Seal it

Stuff it in there

Put more of this on top

And tape it shut

Times 4

You have Bread Starter going Coast to Coast.

Smokin Soon (Cali) Sailor (Fla) Jimbo (Mi) and rdevous (Md) ........... Your starter is on the way! Enjoy!

jiggerjams

Most excellent Sonny. You guys are going to love this stuff.

GusRobin

So the USPS should be shutting down some time soon due to 4 mysterious bulging boxes.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: GusRobin on January 10, 2011, 11:27:38 AM
So the USPS should be shutting down some time soon due to 4 mysterious bulging boxes.

I see he has upgraded to glass jars now to avoid the border crossing bombs he send to Canada!! :o :o ;D
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

I did not freeze these since the weather is gonna be extremely cold for awhile.

I've tried about all I know to do.

Actually I will load up the boxes at 4 this afternoon and take them straight to

the Post Office and they will get shipped out at 5.

Everyone should get theirs by Wensday, weather permitting.

TestRocket

That mighty good of you Sonny! I hope everything says in the boxes!   ;D

KyNola

"United States Postal Inspectors arrested Classicrockgriller, a/k/a "The Smoking Monkey" for attempting to send potentially explosive devices through the United States Postal Service".  Film at 11.

classicrockgriller

They are on their way and all should be there on Wednesday.

"Anything Fragile?" ....... Yes (glass jars)

"Anything Liquid?" ........ Yes (bread starter)

"Anything potentially hazardous" ........ Naaaaa ;D ;D ;D

Sailor

I am so excited!  I have had my "special" flour for weeks just waiting for the baby to arrive.  I promise to feed it and love it and watch it grow  ;D

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

OU812

Quote from: Sailor on January 10, 2011, 09:03:10 PM
I am so excited!  I have had my "special" flour for weeks just waiting for the baby to arrive.  I promise to feed it and love it and watch it grow  ;D

for ever and ever.  ;D

hal4uk

[postal inspectors]
"Couldn't be all that serious...  Heck, they already sold his balls in Kentucky..."
[/postal inspectors]
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Jimbo

I can't wait to it.  Thanks again Sonny!

DTAggie

Well you should go to UPS as they do not ask those questions, just have you sign a disclaimer that you are not sending anything illegal as I did today as I sent my little bro a 10 lbd brisket, 15 lbs of pulled pork, homemade Penzy's breakfast sausage and some pork Tamales from my favorite supplier this morning. 

Sir, what is in your box that says Greenbergs Smoked Turkey? 

just books Maam.  Two day charge is $57.00 to Colorado.  What is the value sir?  Uh nothing to me but sentimental to mt brother!

He hates Colorado BBQ and has been waiting for temps to drop for me to send this package off.

Sailor

I got a box!  ;D  I had to open it and had my fingers crossed that I did not have an exploding basketball inside.  The box was not expanding and looked pretty normal.  I feared for the worst as I took my knife to slit the tape holding box together.  Fulling expecting a Jack in the box reaction I stepped back after making the last cut.  No explosion!  Whew!

This was inside

Out of the box and the glass was not broken.  The cold packs were still cold.

Called Sonny for instructions as to what to do next.  Opened the jar and she was under some good pressure.  The baby started to rise and Sonny said this was good.  Stirred it 4 or 5 times and it came back down to the line and off to the fridge to rest.  Will be making up a batch of bread in a few days.

Thank you Sonny for sharing this with me!

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

classicrockgriller

The starter looks like it made it in great shape.

That is one down and three to go.

Hope you and your Family enjoy it for years to come.