10 pounds of REALLY HOT STICKS

Started by SL2010, January 10, 2011, 02:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SL2010

NO PICS yet they are still in the smoker but i could not wait to try one so pulled one right off the rack and took a bite and HOLY CRAP the are sOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good i don't remember who told me to add cayenne  to the LEM mix but you were right on the money thanks more to follow

Brisket Lover

I'll be checking my mailbox tomorrow!   ;D

beefmann

ronbeaux

The last batch I made were not hot enough. Next time THEY WILL BE!
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

SL2010

i had all 4 racks loaded in the smoker by 10 AM this is the at 6 pm after 5 hrs of hickroy

another sample ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

in the house oven to finish

watchdog56

Nice job. How many pounds did you make? You could send a pound or 2 my way if you have to much. ;D ;D

smokeNcanuck

Those look really nice.  Did they stay that plump after they were finished, I can't seem to get mine to stay plump like that.
Any suggestions??  I also used a LEM stick mix this weekend.  The taste is good but I used venison and did not mix in enough
fat and they are a little dry for me, wife seems to really like em(so not all bad).  Next time I'll add some heat however.
Either Way....I'm Smoke'N It

OU812

Sailor

Very nice job on them stix.  You can fit a pound in a vac bag and use the small 3 day priority mailer for under $5 and I will have it in about 2 to 3 days.   ;D  Just sayin....you might want a 2nd opinion.   ;D

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

SL2010

they shrivel up a little at the ends i did 2 TBS of cayenne to the 5 pound mixes and a 1/2 a cup of crushed red pepper in one of the batches for  the plumpness you need to check out this thread
http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=19979.0

NePaSmoKer

SL2010

they still dont look like yours but i am getting better

Tenpoint5

I am in the wrinkles add character camp. I like them that way!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on January 10, 2011, 06:33:31 PM
I am in the wrinkles add character camp. I like them that way!

That comes with age.  ;D

Sailor

Yep.....and I gots lots of them wrinkles and every one is deserved  ;D

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.