a quick question on technique

Started by shane m, January 10, 2011, 07:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shane m

I am gearing up to do a bunch more candied salmon and I had a question about whether it makes a difference if I lay the salmon on the racks or if I hang it from the racks like I did last time with toothpicks. It is quite a bit more time consuming hanging all the pieces from the rack. If it adds something to it by hanging I will. I am new to this and wondering if anyone has some preferences. Thanks for any advice.
Shane

tsquared

i've hung whole sides from racks but never individual pieces. Just lay them on non-stickmats and you'll be fine.
t2

Kummok

What T2 said!...with emphasis on the "non-stick mats"...otherwise, you'll likely be digging caramelized salmon out of your racks in shredded pieces.  :o

shane m

THat was the only nice part of hanging them on toothpics last time, there was no sticking. I don't have the non stick mats yet, so might have to figure something out because shredded salmon doesn't sound to pleasing. Thanks for the help.
Shane

micman

Shane I have used Pam spray on my racks with great success, just remember to coat the rack liberally, if you don't you will get sticking every where. :(
micman

Quarlow

I don't have non-sticks either so just give it a good dose of Pam and you will be fine. That said I will be ordering some Frogmats soon.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.