Chef's Choice 610 Slicer

Started by Big_T, January 11, 2011, 05:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

begolf25

Just ordered mine up! Looking forward to trying it out.

Toker

Are you guys happy with this one, i mean, REALLY happy? According amazon reviews it sucks, but i haven't use it. Cause of the bad reviews, i ended up buying the 667 model. It has better reviews. Its still on his way. Can't wait to receive it. We'll see if i got wrong with my choice, hope not.

begolf25

Toker,

Are you referring to this slicer?

http://www.amazon.com/EdgeCraft-610-Choice-Premium-Electric/product-reviews/B0002AKCOC/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

It has 264 reviews and averages 4.5 out of 5 stars. I haven't found many negative reviews on the 610 and it seems most here have had a good experience with it. Plus, I wasn't looking to spend around a $100. That is why I went with it.

Toker

Well Bryan I'm sorry you are wright. I'M wrong, the one i checked first was the waring pro FS 150 sorry. But still can't wait to receive my 667.

begolf25

No problem, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting a piece of junk ;)

squirtthecat

You'll love your 610!

I used to borrow a coworker's, then I bought one for myself.   It is a nice unit for the $$.

Not 'Hobart' quality by any means, but it does 98.5% of what I need it to do..

Big_T

I have mine now and have used it once.  It has no frills but for the money it will do the job.  Mine came with a serrated blade so i think i need to by a smooth one.  But from what I have seen so far I like it.  Nothing fancy but for a weekend warrior it will do what it needs to do.

BigJohnT

I just use the serrated blade for everything...

John

Toker

Sorry to ask, today i received mine, i mean my 667 and i was wondering what do you use to wash it? Only soap and water or something else? THX

begolf25

Quote from: Toker on January 24, 2011, 05:41:04 PM
Sorry to ask, today i received mine, i mean my 667 and i was wondering what do you use to wash it? Only soap and water or something else? THX

I just got mine last week and used it over the weekend. I removed all of the parts I could and washed them with warm water and soap in the sink. The rest of the unit I wiped down with warm water then a clorox wipe then a wet paper towel and let dry.

classicrockgriller

got a e-mail from everythingkitchens.com and they have the

610 with the serrated blade on sale for $89 and free shipping.

NePaSmoKer