1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

TestRocket

If your not to full...pat yourself on the back! You done good!  ;D

pryalls

we used to buy montreal smoked meat direct from Monreal and the deli told us this was the only way to reheat

the best way to reheat is to store the meat in vac-sealed bags
and reheat in hot water
tastes like the first day

stole this from a BBQ champs site

Bring water to a boil in a large pot. Submerse vacuum packed bag into water. Boil bag for approximately 1-2 minutes per ounce for frozen meat, 1 minute per ounce for thawed meat or until the internal temperature reaches 160ºF. Remove bag from water and carefully cut open. Caution – contents will be hot and steam may escape. Empty contents onto a plate and break apart with a fork.
DO NOT ATTEMPT BOILING IF BAG IS BROKEN

i just smoked 2 butts today and after dinner we made up 7 packs for the freezer

DTAggie

Great job TB.  Butt looks fantastic!  Glad to see the Bradley help a good temp with it so cold outside.

KyNola

pryalls,
I agree with your reheating directions with one exception.  I would not submerse that vac sealed bag in boiling water if it is a home model vac sealer.  There have been instances where the temp of the boiling water will actually cause the seal to "break or release" and you have a bag full of hot water and meat.  (Please don't ask me how I know :-[ but take my word for it)  What I do now is to bring the water up to just below the boiling point and position the vac sealed bag so the sealed end is out of the water.  Works everytime.

Tenpoint5

For larger gatherings or amounts. You can put it in a crock pot with a splash of apple juice and reheat. I have also done this on the stove top in a pan over low heat.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Indy Smoker

I started reheating by boiling the vac sealed bag in fear of drying out.  It worked well, but I have since reheated in the microwave and have not had a problem.  I have re-heated larger portions on the stove with a little water or apple juice added and it also is not a problem.
You shouldn't have an issue with it being dried out.

TrippingBilly

Wanted to give a bit "THANKS" to all the recommendations on reheating.  I wound up making a BBQ Pork pizza for my neighbors get together yesterday for the BCS game and it was incredible and a huge hit.  I was actually sent home at halftime to make another one!!!  I forgot to take a picture so I'll just have to smoke another butt and do it all over again :) 

Tenpoint5

Quote from: TrippingBilly on January 11, 2011, 04:53:08 AM
Wanted to give a bit "THANKS" to all the recommendations on reheating.  I wound up making a BBQ Pork pizza for my neighbors get together yesterday for the BCS game and it was incredible and a huge hit.  I was actually sent home at halftime to make another one!!!  I forgot to take a picture so I'll just have to smoke another butt and do it all over again :) 

Now your in the right frame of mind!! Do it again!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Jim O

Can't see my screen for drool !!

Lookin' good !! 8) 8)

Jim O
- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !