Who makes a salt-free bbq sauce?

Started by Gordon, August 12, 2005, 05:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordon

I have recently become interested.

What a piece of work is man!

Habanero Smoker

I did a quick search and found this site. I don't know how good these sauces are. http://www.mrspice.com/mssauce.html

I have high blood pressure also, which is under control with medication, and I also might check these sauces out.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Gordon

Thanks, HS.  I should have done a quick scan of the super highway first.

Gordo

What a piece of work is man!

nsxbill

Gordon,

One option is to make up some sauce out of one of the many books like smoke and spice.  Leave out the salt, and when applying it, have some salt-substitute there to enhance the flavor a bit.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

ListerD

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Leave out the salt, and when applying it, have some salt-substitute there to enhance the flavor a bit. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

DOH! I was thinking the same thing.

I try to lay off salt due to high bloodpressure but hey, we're smoking meat here! Gotta have it [:D]

Seriously though, I get by without it on everything but some salads, meat, potato's and corn.

Habanero Smoker

Gordon,
I'm glad that you started this thread. It could be useful for me, and I would have never given it a thought if you did not raise the question. Like I said in my first post, I may purchase some of those products for myself. The more I look at the sauces the more I like what I'm seeing.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)