Quote from: OU812 on January 13, 2011, 06:55:06 PM

Lookin gooood!

I got hte same crock pot.

Cant wait till its done.

Did you fall down and then start posting? ;D

OU812

JD has no affect on me.  ;D

Tenpoint5

After 4 hours in the crock-pot it looks like this. (Cheap *ss store brand Bacon is full of water) Not as syrupy as I think I would have liked but non the less it was sort of syrupy. Next time I will use the Good Stuff, Homemade Bacon!!

Into the food processor.

After a few good pulses, it looked like this. It is now in a container sitting in the garage cooling down. Once chilled I will cap it and put it in the fridge for an over night and for the flavors to blend together some more. Right now it tastes like Baked Beans to me. I am hoping the flavors will meld into something other than that by morning.

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

Was it Good Baked Beans or Bad Baked Beans?

OU812

and the Maple flavor?  ;D

Tenpoint5

No Maple Flavor and they was some D*mn good tasting Baked Beans!!

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

It's Ok ....... OU812 will get it right! ;D

OU812

Quote from: classicrockgriller on January 13, 2011, 07:44:41 PM

Ask me tomarrow.  ;D

after I read this again.  ::)

looks gooood though.

Tenpoint5

I doubt it!! Look how many phone calls it took him to be able to bake a loaf of bread!! I just don't have the patience to deal with that!! :o :o ;D ;D

OU812

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on January 13, 2011, 07:49:46 PM

I doubt it!! Look how many phone calls it took him to be able to bake a loaf of bread!! I just don't have the patience to deal with that!! :o :o ;D ;D

The phone calls will be to you there buddy.  ;D  ;D

OU812

GAME ON!!  :D

Started about an hr N half ago and all is in the crock pot.

I'll start another post with pictures in the morning when it'll be done.

Now its time to start my next project.  ;D

KyNola

Ours just went in the crockpot too!  Went to school on 10.5.  He said his was a little vinegary so I shorted the vinegar just a bit and increased the brown sugar by 2 tablespoons.  When the liquid went into the frying pan, I got a real vigorus boil going and you could smell the vinegar beginning to dissipate.  By the time Jan and I put everything in the crockpot, the sweet/acid combination was just about right to our liking.

Thanks Chris, this is going to be good!

KyNola

Update on this.  Let it go in the crockpot until the majority of the liquid was gone.  Into the food processor and coarsely chopped.  This is crazy good!  I would eat it with a spoon.

10.5, thanks for giving me the heads up on the vinegar taste.  Backing off of the vinegar just a shade and upping the brown sugar by 2 Tbsps seemed to work really well.

BOOYAH!  Thank you Chris!  This is a keeper.   

Tenpoint5

Wait until you try it on  pulled pork sandwich!! I took some PP into work last night and we spread some of the jam on the bottom bun nice and thick like peanut butter. NO BBQ SAUCE required!! Them sandwiches was OMG Good!! The hot PP melted the Jam and the flavors really popped.

As a side note. After sitting in the fridge for 2 days there is no real vinegary taste anymore. It has very little vinegar taste at all.