Stuffers

Started by Cold Smoke, April 01, 2004, 06:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Smoke

NSXBill- Looks like you'll be set to pump out tons of sausage in the next short while- good for you. For now I'm calling the butcher and prepare some fresh groung pork/beef for me special order- no extra charge as I'm not getting huge quantities. The grinder might have to wait. For now. I can see that mixer coming in handy if I start churning out some decent stuff- that would save a fair amount of time. Someone suggested to me to buy those large yellow rubber gloves (fairly stiff rubber) to mix the meat- you can just pull your hands out of the gloves while they're still in the meat. That way you can add spices/warm up the hands or do something else and always have clean hands. Just a suggestion - I may try next time.

I'm just waiting for a whack of spices from Butcher & Packer and will start pushing out sausages real soon- Slim Jims, Brats, polish, summer, honey garlic and a lot of other tasty treats.

I'll keep reporting my results- good or bad.

Good luck with the surgery and speedy recovery!

Cold Smoke

nsxbill

Coldsmoke, and other sausage-meisters

There is a good video and book by Rytas Kutas available at this source for $37.50 for the combination purchase at http://www.yourdelight.com/the_s_maker_book_video_two.htm

I understand this guy is the guru of sausage making.  I have been reading his book at work between calls, and it seems very well written and extremely informative.

Bill

There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.