Bought a whole pig !

Started by wyoduke, December 08, 2010, 07:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wyoduke

Got my pig back it was 178 pounds and cost $137 to cut up and 210 for porkie .Bacon bacon time to start.
1 OBS
1 BRINKMAN
1 ROYAL JOKE
1 Smoke Daddy
1 Brinkman smoker grill
1 Green Mountain Grill

Tenpoint5

Let the games begin. Sounds like a party fixen to happen at your house!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

wyoduke

All frozen but in the fridge
1 OBS
1 BRINKMAN
1 ROYAL JOKE
1 Smoke Daddy
1 Brinkman smoker grill
1 Green Mountain Grill

goblism

Belly Rupture about to die...free....cost of processing...1 .22 shell, so $0.03 plus a roll of freezer paper, $3-4

Gotta love knowing people in the hog business, only thing is they always want me to help when they butcher.

LoxMan

I usually pay .99 to 1.99 a pound at Winn Dixie depending on the sales, then I toss that sucker in my China Box!!!  I've gotten pigs from the local farms and have to say that they don't come out any different.

SamuelG

Ahh!!!

La Caja China.. Love it!

SamuelG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SamuelG

Jukebox

We put a big board on the table and cover it with a heavy duty plastic tablecloth.  Cut it up and do it ourselves.  Ya, it doesn't exactly look like one you get from a butcher but it isn't hard to do.  A little labor intensive but worth it.  There are lots of sites on the internet that will show you how to cut up an animal.  A good meat saw, some nice sharp knives and you are good to go.  Hopefully your pig was gutted before you got it?  Ugh.  The worst job!

wyoduke

In school i took a meat cutting class i can cut meat but i dont have the room. The pig  was taken to the butcher live and they killed and gutted it
1 OBS
1 BRINKMAN
1 ROYAL JOKE
1 Smoke Daddy
1 Brinkman smoker grill
1 Green Mountain Grill