New thermometer: iGrill

Started by sieler, January 19, 2011, 10:59:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cleaver

I set my iphone to never sleep when smoking and that cured the closing issue.  However I have to remain connected to charger/docked.
Which is ok cause its playing tunes on the radio usually.

Daveo

Yes I do that for night smokes,I just turn the brightness down.Wish they had better alarm sounds.The software update was an improvement,hope they keep making it better.It's really nice on the iPad,too.The larger screen helps a lot.

Cleaver

Ya I can't afford the ipad, lol.  Final smoke on this set of batteries.  Low alarm just went off.
So I got 49 hrs out of energizer batteries.  1 pork shoulder, 2 hams and 3 racks of ribs.  Thats good enough for me.
All on different times but same batteries.

TJSlayer

Yeah I tried my smoke and igrill this weekend both for the first time and was really happy with both the new app seems to have solved all the issues people were having. Mine both worked spot on.

Price is also down from what was originally out, only about 20 more than the maverick

BAM1

I'm still on my first set of batteries with two 26 hour bacon runs, two 12 hour butts, and a couple smaller runs. Close to 80 hours and on my last 25%.
Pork Stars KCBS BBQ Team
Bradley digital 6 rack w/Auber PID/900w mod
Bradley counter top two rack
Traeger Texas model w/Savannah Stoker
2 Weber Performer charcoal grills
Charbroil SRG
Backwoods Fatboy
KCBS CBJ

smoker pete

Here's what the iGrill looks like on my iPad

And here's what it was monitoring ...  8)

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

STLstyle

I too would like something that could hook up to a wifi connection.

My 732 loses signal because I run some extended distances from my detach to house.

I saw a link one time on how to extend the range of the maverick, but it looked really complex for my skill level...

Sent from my iPhone
DBS 6 Rack
Dual 500W Element Mod
BBQ Guru DigiQ / Raptor Combo

smoker pete

Quote from: STLstyle on March 05, 2013, 01:20:24 PM
I too would like something that could hook up to a wifi connection.

My 732 loses signal because I run some extended distances from my detach to house.

I saw a link one time on how to extend the range of the maverick, but it looked really complex for my skill level...

The iGrill is does not use WiFi.  It uses Bluetooth to connect to the iPad ... But since the iPad connects to my home wireless network via WiFi then I guess technically it's somewhat of a WiFi device  :)  ;)   

The iPad iGrill App sends the email with a pdf file attachment of the graph from the iGrill.

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

STLstyle

I guess what I'm lookin for is an "extended range" Maverick setup.  I guess I can dig up that link but it seems really technical.  Nothin worse than getting a lost signal "beep" on the Maverick as soon as I walk in the house.  You know what I mean?
DBS 6 Rack
Dual 500W Element Mod
BBQ Guru DigiQ / Raptor Combo

TJSlayer

I haven't run into a problem with the igrill yet, but it still only gets 200-300 ft.

I had to run to the store during my last smoke and it obviously disconnected, but as soon as I pulled into the driveway it reconnected in its own.