The Smoker's leftovers: Hot Garlic Asian pork butt with fried rice

Started by EZ Smoker, January 20, 2011, 10:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ Smoker

The wife and I smoke a whole bunch of pork butt a couple of months ago, vac-packing and freezing about 14 or 15 bags of about 14 oz each.   What to do with it all?   

Tonight she threw some in a wok (on top of a little veg oil) with some white rice she had cooked earlier today, and mixed in a little garlic powder, then at the end, mixed in some hot Sriracha chile sauce.   That's all she put in it, but it was wonderful.   I did the same thing in the microwave last week with smoked chicken and another time with picked meat from the leftover ribs.  Better in the wok, but really good both ways.       

P.S.  The funny thing is that people will find this thread when they go to Google and type Hot Asian Butt.   Hee hee hee!
It may seem like I'm rubbing salt in the wound, but the truth is I'm trying to cure it.

EZ Smoker

And the great thing is... this was one of the quickest dishes I've ever seen her cook.   Oil in the wok on high heat, then throw in four ingredients, and it got ready fast.  Maybe 3 minutes once the wok was hot.
It may seem like I'm rubbing salt in the wound, but the truth is I'm trying to cure it.

wyoduke

1 OBS
1 BRINKMAN
1 ROYAL JOKE
1 Smoke Daddy
1 Brinkman smoker grill
1 Green Mountain Grill

classicrockgriller

Me and Wok have a hard time communicating.

Wish I could learn to use one. I burn them up.

Me stop using them after three.

La Quinta

sounds delicious...I gotta try that...my hubby and I frequently vac and store smoked pork...

Hey CRG...I just got a great new wok...electric and coated cast iron...it's great...pm me if you want details...this sucker gets really hot!!!

OU812

That does sound gooood.

I love the flavor of that Sriracha sauce, put it on my egg rolls, all rice dishes and even burritos.

Speaking of egg rolls, I gotta make some more, with pulled pork of coarse.