Pastrami Stix

Started by NePaSmoKer, January 22, 2011, 08:05:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Cut and paper bag time.

classicrockgriller

I really don't like you very much PusherMan. ;D

Cut one of them bad boys so I can dis-like you more.

The color is gorgeous.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: classicrockgriller on January 24, 2011, 04:39:58 PM
I really don't like you very much PusherMan. ;D

Cut one of them bad boys so I can dis-like you more.

The color is georgious.

:D  :D  :D

You honk quack me up  :D

cobra6223

Here is another stupid question from cobra the newbie......... PID 140 into 1.5 hrs ? Whats the PID ? Ok thats 2 questions

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: cobra6223 on January 24, 2011, 09:21:25 PM
Here is another stupid question from cobra the newbie......... PID 140 into 1.5 hrs ? Whats the PID ? Ok thats 2 questions

No stupid questions here cobra. Below is the link for the PID, you can read how they operate.

http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=14

jiggerjams

I second what CRG said the color is beautiful. Not sure if it is on my end here but the color looks deeper (darker) than other posts I have seen you do.

Cheers to another successful smoke....ok and to dinkie too!

cobra6223

OK Nepa , I made the SS awjile back with no casing , that pastrami stix sound and look good , do ya think since I don't have a stuffer you mold that into a loaf pan to get a good square and then take it out of the pan and smoke/cook it ? Thanks sir , you've been a great help to me so far .

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: jiggerjams on January 25, 2011, 10:40:32 AM
I second what CRG said the color is beautiful. Not sure if it is on my end here but the color looks deeper (darker) than other posts I have seen you do.

Cheers to another successful smoke....ok and to dinkie too!

Maybe 2 reasons which are on the AP10 Sensitive Information list  :D

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: cobra6223 on January 25, 2011, 12:22:59 PM
OK Nepa , I made the SS awjile back with no casing , that pastrami stix sound and look good , do ya think since I don't have a stuffer you mold that into a loaf pan to get a good square and then take it out of the pan and smoke/cook it ? Thanks sir , you've been a great help to me so far .

I think that would work, or even roll the meat to 1/4" thick and make pastrami jerky  ;D

classicrockgriller

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on January 25, 2011, 12:48:54 PM
Quote from: cobra6223 on January 25, 2011, 12:22:59 PM

I think that would work, or even roll the meat to 1/4" thick and make pastrami jerky  ;D

Shoot it out of a jerky gun and make flat or round jerky.

Bet that would be good.

jiggerjams

Good thinkin' Sonny that would make good jerky.

Rick-

Maybe 2 reasons which are on the AP10 Sensitive Information list ....that must mean I have a chance  ;D ;D

NePaSmoKer

2 Vac bags and some dinky slices for snackin.

OU812

Them sure look gooood.  ;D

pikeman_95

Rick very good looking. Thanks for the close up pictures. Guys notice that Ricks sticks have a very even distribution on the fat. The fat at the edge of the casing is still in good shape. This means he did a very good job of temperature control. When you let it get too hot it will melt the fat near the edges. I know for experienced guys I am not saying anything new to but to new sausage makers this something you want to look for. Thanks Rick

KC

Keymaster

Those Pastrami sticks look awesome Nepas, Good Job  :)