New Orleans Smokeout...sorta

Started by KyNola, January 22, 2011, 12:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

Just learned that part of the time when Jan and I are going to be in NOLA, so is Ka Honu.  Jan and I are scheduled to arrive 4/22.  Ka Honu is scheduled to arrive late 4/26.  Jan and I are scheduled to depart on 4/29.  That means we have a 48 hour window of opportunity for a "gathering".  What cha say Ronbeaux?  What cha say CRG?  Close enough for anybody to meet Ka Honu, Jan and me?

I've heard they have some fairly decent food in NOLA. ;)

BTW, did I mention I'll pay for the drinks if anyone wants to/can join us.   

Ka Honu

Quote from: KyNola on January 22, 2011, 12:39:33 PMBTW, did I mention I'll pay for the drinks if anyone wants to/can join us.

Well, no you didn't, but if you do (especially after this warning), all I can do is quote Julia Roberts: "Big mistake. Big. Huge."

KyNola

Quote from: Ka Honu on January 22, 2011, 12:49:58 PM
Quote from: KyNola on January 22, 2011, 12:39:33 PMBTW, did I mention I'll pay for the drinks if anyone wants to/can join us.
Well, no you didn't, but if you do (especially after this warning), all I can do is quote Julia Roberts: "Big mistake. Big. Huge."
Seems like a great way to celebrate my retirement!  First day of retirement is 4/1.  Can't think of a better place or better way to celebrate it.

Offer still stands. ;)

Up In Smoke

Got an appt. on Monday. if it works out where i can i may pop in for a cold one or 10  :D
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Ka Honu

YES!!!  Probably the next best thing to winning the lottery is having someone else pay for my drinks for two days in New Orleans.

KyNola

UIS, Monday the 25th?  Jan I will be there.  Ka Honu will only be dreaming about being there.

Works for us.  Anyone else heading that way?

ronbeaux

I have marked my calendar. Sounds great!
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

KyNola

SWEET!  See ya' there Ron.  We'll work out the details as it get closer.

Who else?

TestRocket

I'll be in Bayou La Batre on the 29th for a wedding but that's as close as I can get to you guys so have fun!  ;D

Ka Honu

It would seem to me that if you had to be at a festive occasion in LA on the 29th, it would only make sense to go to New Orleans on the 27th or 28th so you could properly prepare.  Then you could drop in on the wedding (only a two-hour drive) on your way home.

classicrockgriller

Gonna talk to Wifey and see if we can make this happen.

That would be fun!

TestRocket

Quote from: Ka Honu on January 22, 2011, 02:27:24 PM
It would seem to me that if you had to be at a festive occasion in LA on the 29th, it would only make sense to go to New Orleans on the 27th or 28th so you could properly prepare.  Then you could drop in on the wedding (only a two-hour drive) on your way home.

It would seem that easy but I'm also responsible for pick up and delivery of Mom in L.A. (lower Alabama) to and from said wedding. And besides with the unexpected days off of work because of snow over the past month there is know way for Miss Jan and I to take anymore time off. So party on dude!  ;D

Ka Honu

TR - Probably for the best - two Jans would to get way too confusing, especially since KyNola's buying.

CRG - Make it happen.  Looks like I'm going to have to skip the wedding in Sulphur Springs so won't make the brisket & sausage pilgrimage this year. Just realized how good I've got it when a couple of extra days eating & drinking with friends in NOLA is my "fallback position."

KyNola

BigJohnT

Are you going to get a fried shrimp poboy at  crabby jacks what used to be New Orleans Seafood as I recall... or a pizza from Tower of Pizza on Vets blvd near Bonneville Blvd... Two places I never miss when I get near NuAwlins.

John