New Orleans Smokeout...sorta

Started by KyNola, January 22, 2011, 12:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Ka Honu on January 22, 2011, 03:42:17 PM
TR - Probably for the best - two Jans would to get way too confusing, especially since KyNola's buying.

CRG - Make it happen.  Looks like I'm going to have to skip the wedding in Sulphur Springs so won't make the brisket & sausage pilgrimage this year. Just realized how good I've got it when a couple of extra days eating & drinking with friends in NOLA is my "fallback position."

Where are you guys staying?

NePaSmoKer

Ka Honu

Quote from: classicrockgriller on January 22, 2011, 04:00:15 PMWhere are you guys staying?

I'm at Country Inn & Suites on Magazine between Poydras & Canal.  KyNola's in the Quarter.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Ka Honu on January 22, 2011, 05:00:50 PM
Quote from: classicrockgriller on January 22, 2011, 04:00:15 PMWhere are you guys staying?

I'm at Country Inn & Suites on Magazine between Poydras & Canal.  KyNola's in the Quarter.

K H, are you taxing back and forth?

I don't Drink and Drive.

Wildcat

I'm close enough (3 to 3.5 hour drive) but timing is bad for this year. Congrats on the retirement.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

squirtthecat

We're staying next month at the same hotel that KyNola is..

It's about a 10-15 minute walk (stumble) between them.   1/2 mile, according to Google Maps.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: squirtthecat on January 22, 2011, 05:20:43 PM
We're staying next month at the same hotel that KyNola is..

It's about a 10-15 minute walk (stumble) between them.   1/2 mile, according to Google Maps.

I think I am still young enough to stumble a 1/2 mile.

Ka Honu

I'm just outside the Quarter and have never had any problem stumbling back there (usually from Johnny White's or Coop's Place).  If it looks like it's going to be an issue, I stop off for another drink on the way.

squirtthecat

Ka Honu

I usually go up Iberville.  That way, if I* need a quick oyster fix I can drop into Felix's (cheaper than Acme and no line if all you want is oysters).

classicrockgriller

Wifey is thinking about it.

She doesn't drink anymore so she can be the designated lead walker.

KyNola

CRG, we don't drink and drive either and we SURE don't stumble "home" at night.  Too many thugs out for that.  That's why God made cabs.  We're staying at the Royal Sonesta.

Something for anybody thinking about coming down and staying for a couple days. The weekend starting Friday 4/22 is Easter weekend and hotels will be full. Following weekend beginning 4/29 is first weekend of Jazz Fest.  Imposssible to find a place to stay.  If you're thinking about coming over for "New Orleans Smokeout....sorta", start looking now.  I'm thinking 4/27, Wednesday is the best day for the "gathering".  New Orleans will start filling up for Jazz Fest.

CRG, Jan doesn't drink much anymore so sounds like my wifey and your wifey will become fast friends.  If your Wifey likes to shop, tell her to come on.  Jan is all about walking the Quarter and shopping.  She needs a shopping partner!

classicrockgriller

gonna put internet daughter on looking for a place to stay tomorrow.

Ka Honu

I vote for Wednesday and Thursday although, as KyNola says, hotel rooms might be a bit scarce (and expensive) on Thursday night.

OBTW, if anyone is driving in on I-10 from the west and has time, please stop by Wayne Jacobs (not Jacob's) in La Place, LA, and pick up 20 lbs of andouille for me.  Ask them to vac-pack it in 4 or 5 packages (extra charge).  If not, no big deal - I'll get out there the following week.