Gun Powder Seasoning

Started by SnellySmokesEm, January 23, 2011, 06:44:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BShaggy

Just stumbling around here, trying to read all I can...this experiment is intriguing.

I stumbled onto this:
http://www.kraftfoodingredients.com/eSource/Kraft/ecom/eSource/Kraft_sup_%c2%ae__sup__Natural_Grill_Flavors_sup_%c2%ae__sup_/p/_199.aspx?

On the product list tab they list samples, but you have to have a login.

sureshotsid

Just a little FYI, we manufacture Sure Shot Sid's Gunpowder Seasoning at JM Exotic Foods in Moody, AL. If you have any questions, need recipe idea's or where to purchase i am more than happy to help. The owner's sister sells the Gunpowder online at newenglandspices.com You can't find a better price online. There she has posted several recipe idea's and also sells other "Made in Alabama" products that we make.

KyNola

Sureshotsid, welcome to the Forum.  Your Gunpowder Rub is a big hit here.  Hope to have you around here more.

TMB

Quote from: sureshotsid on November 19, 2012, 12:48:56 PM
Just a little FYI, we manufacture Sure Shot Sid's Gunpowder Seasoning at JM Exotic Foods in Moody, AL. If you have any questions, need recipe idea's or where to purchase i am more than happy to help. The owner's sister sells the Gunpowder online at newenglandspices.com You can't find a better price online. There she has posted several recipe idea's and also sells other "Made in Alabama" products that we make.
HI, wonder when you would join in  ;D ;D

Seems every since I tossed a pound of your rub into a Christmas box a few years back  this has been a big hit here and other site!  Killer Stuff  Roll Tide!

From north Alabama
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

OU812

Yep,,,,,,,,,,,gun powder is some good stuff

We got some restaurants around here that brag they got the best "secret" seasoning

When you ask for some they wouldn't give up ,,,,,,cause its secret

I know know  ;D

sureshotsid

Just a little FYI, we manufacture Sure Shot Sid's Gunpowder Seasoning at JM Exotic Foods in Moody, AL. If you have any questions, need recipe idea's or where to purchase i am more than happy to help.  You can order direct from us at jmexoticfoods.com and see other "Made in Alabama" products that we make. We have recipes as well, like mixing 1/2 tsp of Gunpowder Seasoning to 8 ounces of Sour Cream. Its an awsum dip! We even have a recipe for making a liquid marinade out of it. Happy Thanksgiving!

TMB

GunPowder makes killer jerky as well!

OU812

And a great addition to an injection fluid  8)

Smokin Soon

For those of you that like to do your brats in a traditional beer onion bath before grilling, Gunpowder puts it over the top, hands down. I have never recieved so many positive comments on my brats before adding the Gunpowder.

OU812

Quote from: Smokin Soon on November 21, 2012, 06:40:09 PM
For those of you that like to do your brats in a traditional beer onion bath before grilling, Gunpowder puts it over the top, hands down. I have never recieved so many positive comments on my brats before adding the Gunpowder.

What SS said!

I sprinkle a little more GP on the onions wile they are caramelizing too

SiFumar

Quote from: Smokin Soon on November 21, 2012, 06:40:09 PM
For those of you that like to do your brats in a traditional beer onion bath before grilling, Gunpowder puts it over the top, hands down. I have never received so many positive comments on my brats before adding the Gunpowder.

Ok I haven't tried  the Gunpowder yet...but on my to order list.  Do you sprinkle on the brats? or add to the beer? How much?  We do brats at least 3x per month.  Thanks!

WarezDaBeef

BLSH, What is the reasoning behind essentially burning vegetable oil and salt to achieve a char/grill flavor? Could another solid be used instead of salt? Maybe you could increase the ratio of char/grill flavor without adding too much sodium? What else do you think could be used for the process?

I have been searching everywhere to obtain this char/grill flavor in both powder and paste form. Known companys that produce these flavorings are : Kraft, Summit Hill, and Red Arrow. None of these companys will sell to small business and require corporate verified accounts.

That said, I am willing to do some extensive testing with you. Bring me up to speed on what you have learned so far.

RFT

Just ordered Original Gunpowder, Chipolte gunpower, and key lime mojo... that sounded interesting.
"Some world views are spacious and some are merely spaced."
N.P.

TMB

Quote from: RFT on August 16, 2013, 05:28:15 PM
Just ordered Original Gunpowder, Chipolte gunpower, and key lime mojo... that sounded interesting.
Good stuff your gonna be a happy camper!

RFT

Quote from: TMB on August 18, 2013, 05:36:29 PM
Quote from: RFT on August 16, 2013, 05:28:15 PM
Good stuff your gonna be a happy camper!

The Key Lime Mojo Im unsure on what I would use that on but I know do love key lime pie. :)
"Some world views are spacious and some are merely spaced."
N.P.