Auber PID - Sensor Type (Free Hanging vs. Wall Mount?)

Started by youngi, January 24, 2011, 12:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

youngi

New to smokin' and to this forum - lots of great info here and looking forward to reading up and developing my game. 

Just received my Bradley Smoker last week.  Looking to accessorize it with a temp controller from Auber.  I have a question re: sensor type: free hanging vs. wall mount?  I understand the wall mount isn't plug-and-play, but outside that is there any performance difference between the two.  Also, any recommendations on remote thermometer would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

RAF128

Get the hanging one.    You can put it where it needs to be depending on what's in the smoker.   

SoCalBuilder

Youngi - Welcome to the forum! Ditto on the Auber, get the hangy one. On the remote thermometers, the Maverick brand seems to be the common choice around here. The newest one brags about a 300 foot range. I picked one up, and it works pretty sweet. I have an older model that is set up to probe two different pieces of meat. On this new one, they send you one probe for meat and the other is for the box. Kind of a cool idea. I now have my old Maverick that lets me stick two pieces of meat, or both ends of a big butt. The new maverick to check one more piece and keep an eye on the box tem, and the a probe from my two probe PID in another piec of meat. It looks like a metal spinning spider lives here :D

GusRobin

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

classicrockgriller

Hanger and Welcome to the Forum.

The Auber hanger or wall mount is the same unit (both plug-n-play)

just the wall mount or the hanger is different.

I have the dual probe and if I had it to do again, I would just buy

the single probe and spend the saved money on the new maverick.

More bang for the buck.

youngi

Thank you all for your insight and recommendation.  This is a great group.  Off to do some online buying.