Official: School children prefer Jan's Rub over recess..

Started by squirtthecat, January 26, 2011, 06:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

Leave it to an elementary schoolteacher(Jan) to come up with a Rub that elementary students would like and an elementary schoolteacher's(Rachel) husband to smoke up some legs for them :D

As for that Turkey and White Chili recipe.  That sounds really good.  I did think of one thing though.  Rather than ground turkey, how 'bout some of STC's world famous smoked turkey put in there?  I'm thinking YUM!! 

jiggerjams

squirtthecat

That's what I was thinking too...   Smoked turkey + chicken.   Maybe sneak some cubed cured pork tenderloin in. (it's white meat - kinda)

OU812

pikeman_95

good work STC. I would have been glad to cram into one of those little chairs and helped the little buggers out. You are on the hook for now on.

kc

deb415611

Squirt -
This is kind of green :D but is it what you are looking for?

I have also done just regular red chili but substituted smoked pulled chicken for the beef.

Deb

hal4uk

Dem legs look like they wouldn't have lasted long ANYWHERE!

Hmmmm....
Chili day for the kiddies....
You want I should drop in and help mix the Kool-Aid?   ;D

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

squirtthecat

Quote from: deb415611 on January 27, 2011, 02:21:59 PM
Squirt -
This is kind of green :D but is it what you are looking for?

I have also done just regular red chili but substituted smoked pulled chicken for the beef.

Deb

Green Chili!

I'd be interested in your recipe for that - if anything - just for personal consumption. (gotta be careful with heat + colors for the little kids)

squirtthecat

Quote from: hal4uk on January 27, 2011, 05:02:31 PM
Dem legs look like they wouldn't have lasted long ANYWHERE!

Hmmmm....
Chili day for the kiddies....
You want I should drop in and help mix the Kool-Aid?   ;D

Last year's bunch demolished a crock pot of 15 bean pulled pork chili - and there were only 10 of them!

I might do a batch of each this time.

deb415611

This was really good but it was spicy -mediumish but would be too much for the kids.    I made it to bring to the office and couldn't keep my son out of it,  not much made it to work.  Someone at work suggested adding white beans to the recipe which I think would be good.

4 roasted good size poblanos
2 roasted jalapenos
1 roasted Serrano
About 15 roasted tomatillos
Couple onions & 5 -6 garlic gloves roasted  in foil til soft & mushy
Handful cilantro
Mexican oregano

above in Food processor,  then simmer for awhile till thickens some

Add chicken (smoked about 8lbs bone in chic thighs and then pulled for this) ,

Simmer for about an hour with chicken in it  (or if doing for school you could just crock pot til lunch time)