Yard and Pool got me in trouble!!!

Started by iceman, January 28, 2011, 09:16:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceman

Well Bryan did it this time!
I ordered some frog mats from Yard and Pool before I went up north to work thinking I would be back before they got here and intercept the mail while Ann was at work. I wanted these for making a bunch of jerky the next time I got the craving for some.
Anyhow to make the story short they got here in like two days and Ann picked them up at the post office. Well I get a call at work from her wanting to know what the heck they are. So I splained it to her real simple like cause she really likes home made jerky. Well she spreads the word I'm making jerky when I get home and I end up with 13 frigging messages from friends "placing" orders for jerky!!!
Bottom line is next time I order from Bryan I gotta remember to put "Top secret shipment, for Pat's eyes only" on the shipping instructions  :D ;D
THANKS for the quick service Yard and Pool  :D

classicrockgriller

HEY EVERYBODY !  ICEMAN'S MAKING JERKY!

That's Funny!

West TN Smoker

Can I PM my order to you now, or should I wait till the jerky is finished?  ???

KyNola

Ice,
If your jerky is as good as your sauce I'm not surprised in the least!

love the smoke

I will take a 1/2 pound  of jerky and 2 jars of sauce please  ;D ;D

LTS
LTS

FLBentRider

You probably ought to ask Bryan to label it "auto parts"
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

squirtthecat

Good idea...   Instead of "Yard & Pool" on the return addy, have something like "Todd's Wrecked Cars".

beefmann

where do i place my order for 5 lbs????

SoCalBuilder

My bride asked me what Frog Mats were for and I said "Well I don't rightly know. I was lookin' in the catylog fer some other stuff and saw these. I don't have none and figgerd I needed em, so I ordered em. Guess I need to find me some frogs somewheres."

She wasn't amused ???

TMB

Quote from: SoCalBuilder on January 28, 2011, 11:58:36 AM
My bride asked me what Frog Mats were for and I said "Well I don't rightly know. I was lookin' in the catylog fer some other stuff and saw these. I don't have none and figgerd I needed em, so I ordered em. Guess I need to find me some frogs somewheres."She wasn't amused ???
There's an idea!  Smoke frog legs in the Bradley and crisp them up in an SRG!!  Good thinking!  ;)

OH leave the frog mats in the Bradley, I don't think they would work well in the SRG. ;) ;) 
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

iceman

Quote from: FLBentRider on January 28, 2011, 12:39:26 PM
I think frogmats are good to 500F

Holy Molly!!! I had no idea. That's a good thing. Thanks for the info FLB. I can see multi tasking these babies now.

SoCalBuilder

Iceman - Make sure you have the frog mats and not the jerky screens (bigger grid, whitish plastic), they won't hold up in the conventional oven :( Trust me, I know of what I speak!

iceman

Quote from: SoCalBuilder on January 31, 2011, 05:35:26 PM

Iceman - Make sure you have the frog mats and not the jerky screens (bigger grid, whitish plastic), they won't hold up in the conventional oven :( Trust me, I know of what I speak!

Thanks for the heads up. These are the brown, stiff frog mats.

TestRocket

I had frog legs once and they tasted like what I would think the color green would taste like!  ;)