7lb pork shoulder in Bradley

Started by muebe, January 29, 2011, 09:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muebe

I smoked a 7lb pork shoulder in the Bradley. I used the Pinch of Sizzle Kansas City Rub. 5 hours of cherry and 12 1/2 hour total smoking time. I removed at 192 and FTC for a couple of hours. Then I pulled the pork and mixed in some Pinch of Sizzle Mustard Mop Sauce. The pulled pork was excellent! Moist and tender with a great bark. This is the second time smoking meat in my Bradley and I am very happy with the results. It was 30 degrees outside this morning and I was still able to get a 200 degree temp inside the Bradley even though my puck burner is located two shelves down from it. I just installed a PID(after the shoulder smoke) and plan on doing the second element mod later ;D

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

monty

that's a clean Bradley you got there muebe  ;D

good job on the shoulder
Bradley Original Smoker BT1S1
Auber PID WS-1200CPH
Traeger Lil' Tex BBQ070
Char-Broil Big Easy Infrared Fryer 10101480
Napoleon Ultra Chef UP405RB

DTAggie

jiggerjams

Great looking shoulder. Wow does those pictures bring back memories.

smoker pete

Nice looking pulled pork muebe.  12.5 hours for a 7 pounder to reach 192º is great considering your Bradley stayed around 200º.  You'll love that second element mod  ;)

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

SoCalBuilder

Muebe - I'm impressed with the way your pig turned out. 12 and  half hours, without the help of the SG heater in 30 degree temps? I haven't been able to pull off a time like that in sunny San Diego yet. I haven't gotten all my 2nd element parts yet, but I'm looking forward to that.

muebe

Quote from: smoker pete on January 30, 2011, 08:54:45 AM
Nice looking pulled pork muebe.  12.5 hours for a 7 pounder to reach 192º is great considering your Bradley stayed around 200º.  You'll love that second element mod  ;)

Thanks Pete...I was going by the built-in Bradley thermometer and that might not have been very accurate. I have heard that they can be off by up to 30 degrees and the meat was just at level with the thermometer stem so I figured the reading might be off due to that reason. So it might have been higher than 200 degrees ??? I do have my dual probe PID installed now so I should get a accurate reading next time ;D

SoCal....It was around 30 degrees when I started it at 6:30am and the mid-day temp was about 70 degrees so I am sure that if it stayed 30 all day it would have took much longer. But it was able to get to 200 degrees on the Bradley thermometer during the 30 degree temp. I really think what is helping me is that I have the Bradley located in a plastic cabinet and the pipe at the bottom where my puck burner is has a heatsink. This is removing the excessive heat on the pipe. And while having the cabinet doors closed I found that it is nice and toasty inside the cabinet. It seems to work as internal heater for the cabinet allowing the Bradley to have a warmer environment. The original intention of the heatsink/fan combo was for using mainly for cold smoking but turns out to be a nice benefit of the mod after the fact ;D
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

classicrockgriller

Nice job on the Butt and Nice work on your Smoker.

IMO, only a 7 lb butt in a nice toastie oven is spot on.

About 1 hr and 45 minutes per lb.