DIY Bisquettes

Started by McLay455, April 04, 2004, 11:55:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beefmann

thanks for the information can not waitto see the  finished products

TedEbear

The cost of the bisquettes and that they were in short supply for a while caused me to convert over to a pellet tube for my Bradley.  I can get a 20# bag of pellets for $15 on sale that lasts me over a year.  I'm interested in reading the details on the DIY bisquettes but I'll probably be sticking with the pellets from now on.

Shuswap

Do you think Bradley is concerned that this thread has had over 17,000 views?

Tickle The Ivories

I don't think they are concerned. They know that most people are not willing to do this kind of thing on their own. W/hich blows my mind because this is a very simple process. Not to mention that it's somewhat of a great advertisement for them. People wouldn't be so interested in making their own biscuits if they didn't love their Bradley smoker. Plus ,if I can make them for 3.8 cents to 8 cents from home, then how much does it cost them to make each one on such a massive scale when they're selling theirs for 30 to 50 cents a piece? They're mark-up is astronomical. I don't say that to bash them. I'ts just the reality. It's a simple process. They're not surprised. But, again, even after I post all the instructions, i still see people  will rather spend 1 hour going to the store, fighting traffic, spending time in the sports store, buying other things they didn't intend on buying, and spending 18 to 25 dollars for a 48 pack of smoker pucks, rather than spending that hour at home, making 60 biscuits for a total of 3 bucks average. It's all about priorities I guess.

CentDoss89

As a new Bradley owner I would really love to see the process that was started at the beginning of the thread. I'm a little bit of a DIY guy anyways so I really like the idea of this.

Please update with progress and plans on how to accomplish this.

Tickle The Ivories

Sorry for the delay folks. Between turkey day and Christmas events, time is a bit limited. My DIY insructions on the bradley pucks should be posted within the week. I will also make a separate thread so people can view it at the top instead of having to scroll to the last pages. Cheers! 

Orion

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to your information.
It's going to take a lifetime to smoke all this.

Tickle The Ivories

Okay everyone. I've finally completed my instructions on DIY smoker biscuits. Here is the link. I started a new thread for it (Home Made DIY Bradley Smoker Biscuits). Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Cheers! http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=36873.0

yaman

There was a thread somewhere where a guy used tins the same size a bisquette and with holes poked in them and you just fill with pellets or wood chips.
He also mentioned that they didnt get jammed up.
He had a link to buy the tins on Amazon. Cant find this thread.

TedEbear

Quote from: yaman on February 15, 2019, 12:04:52 PM
There was a thread somewhere where a guy used tins the same size a bisquette and with holes poked in them and you just fill with pellets or wood chips.

This thread is over 3 years old.  However, if someone wants to use pellets in their Bradley they can get an A-MAZE-N pellet tube. I have the 12" model and use it in place of the much more expensive bisquettes in my Bradley OBS.

TMB

Quote from: yaman on February 15, 2019, 12:04:52 PM
Those were made by muebe if I remember right.  Issue was they wouldn't smoke fast enough because the metal wouldn't get to temp before the SG pushed them off the heater plate
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!