My stuffed tenderloin with bacon wrap.

Started by mitchf350, January 31, 2011, 09:35:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mitchf350

I going to make this tenderloin tonight. I had a 2.5lb tenderloin that I roll cut. Inside will be bell peppers mushrooms and mozzarela cheese. Im trying a new seasoning to. I tried to work with some crappy thin cut slice bacon for the weave wrap but had a hard time. Any ways With this loin being rolled how should I check the temp with my mavrick?

TestRocket

I would think you would be ok with just sticking your temp probe in half way or so and then check it about every ΒΌ inch pulling out! It looks good, good luck!    ;D

mitchf350

Thanks for the tip! hope it turns out well. This is my 6th smoking last one was a boston butt. So far I havent had a bad session yet.

TestRocket

Please don't forget to post the money shot!  ;)

mitchf350

Quote from: TestRocket on January 31, 2011, 02:59:32 PM
Please don't forget to post the money shot!  ;)
Ill try to get one up tonight! its at 140* @ 4hrs. looks like my cheese melted out :'(

bears fan

you need to get some hi temp cheese from your local meat counter.  Just ask them for it, I'm sure they will have it.  It withstands the heat better and will not melt out.

mitchf350

Quote from: bears fan on January 31, 2011, 07:05:27 PM
you need to get some hi temp cheese from your local meat counter.  Just ask them for it, I'm sure they will have it.  It withstands the heat better and will not melt out
Ive read about that high temp. Ill need to try it once. Well Im having a hard time uploading the pic from my phone. But it looked an smelled real good. But.... I thought it was discusting. It would have been good with out all the stuffings. Ill try to get a pic up in a bit.

mitchf350

Will bacon make the outside pink? My temp nearest the center was 170 after ftc so it was done. Just wondering

SnellySmokesEm

That's $$$$$ Bro!!!  Awesome job!  Looks done to me!
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

ArnieM

That looks great mitch, especially for a first attempt.  Pretty colors in there.  :D

An alternative on the cheese is to plug the ends up with some sort of meat that won't shrink much.  Ham comes to mind.  It helps to hold the cheese in.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

SnellySmokesEm

It also helps to use chunk cheese instead of shredded.
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

Caneyscud

When, I do stuffed pork tenderloin, I'll either take two and either double butterfly or "spiral/peel" them and put the stuffing on one and put the other on top.  I'll use some sausage in the ends as a plug to keep cheese in and then wrap in bacon.  It'll be longer rather than chubbier, and will be easier to stop the cheese from leaking out and be faster to get to temp.  I also use strips of cheese say 1/2"x 1/2" by however long your block is. 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"