Why are Chicken Wings so expensive??$#*&%@

Started by smoker pete, January 31, 2011, 05:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirtthecat

Every few weeks we can get split chicken breasts or legs and thighs for 99 cents/lb. (in 5 lb packages)  Leg quarters are on sale now for 49 cents/lb.   Haven't seen wings on sale in ages.

jiggerjams

Wow leg quarters for .49...that is unheard of in my area. On sale they are .99

Ka Honu

Quote from: BuyLowSellHigh on February 01, 2011, 04:58:50 AMKH, since you're in HI maybe you should try albatross.

Not all that many of them around Oahu but we got lots of flying rats pigeons.

BuyLowSellHigh

I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

Smokey the Bear.

The asian supermarkets sell them cheaper than most places. ;D
If it has eyes and a head,I would probably eat it. Eh

BuyLowSellHigh

Stopped at a local grocery store today to get a butt and while there checked out the chicken pieces & parts.  Wings were $2.01/lb, everything else was $1.19/lb.  Talked with the meat dept. manager, he said "Super Bowl", and added he'll be glad when it's over.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

FLBentRider

Skirt steak is the same way.

Flank steak is cheaper and IMHO better for fajitas.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Jimbo

Wings seem to run $2 a pound around here.  Whether they are fresh or frozen.  Been this way for the last year or so.  They rarely go on sale.

smoker pete

Gonna start looking for some turkey wings like Ka Honu suggested.  I live 30 miles North of Livingston, Ca which is where Foster Farms has their processing facility for chickens and turkeys.  They have to do something with those wings ???  I think I saw some turkey wings at WallyMart once!?

I recon that a turkey wing in the SRG would taste somewhat like a chicken wing except bigger  ;) ;D

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

SoCalBuilder

Pete, that's a helluva good idea. Monster WIngs! Fits right in with the huge burgers and such. Surprised we haven't seen them somewhere.

muebe

Pete... you going to use the Bradley and SRG to cook those Turkey wings? Super Wings for Super Bowl ;D
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

smoker pete

Quote from: muebe on February 05, 2011, 09:14:51 AM
Pete... you going to use the Bradley and SRG to cook those Turkey wings? Super Wings for Super Bowl ;D

Would that I could muebe ... would that I could!!!  Super Wings for Super Bowl - I like that ;D ;D

Gotta find me some of those Super Wings first :-\  One of my neighbors works for Foster Farms.  I'll just ask him ;)

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl