Super Bowl Menu

Started by DTAggie, January 31, 2011, 09:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SnellySmokesEm

Quotebuffalo wings (catered)
:o ::)
Where ya at MJ?  I'll bring the SRG and cater your wings.  ;D ;D ;D
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

mjdeez

Quote from: SnellySmokesEm on February 01, 2011, 05:30:51 PM
Quotebuffalo wings (catered)
:o ::)
Where ya at MJ?  I'll bring the SRG and cater your wings.  ;D ;D ;D

Jersey. But yeah I know. I hate getting things catered if I could do it myself. Paying too much money for small wings. But they're tasty and I don't have a fryer.  I need to figure out how many wings it would take to buy before it would equal the price of an SRG, then of course convince my wife that it makes total sense! to buy it.

jiggerjams

If you have a grill, grilling wings is a very tasty alternative.

mjdeez

QuoteIf you have a grill, grilling wings is a very tasty alternative.
I've grilled them once or twice but looking at my menu I doubt I'll have time. Last year I didn't even have my first beer until second quarter started, and it was a simpler menu.  Also my grill is now buried in a foot of snow and as of this morning a 1/2 inch of ice. I was trying to keep it shoveled out but this winter has been a little unusual in terms of snow fall. We've been getting at least 1 storm a week, all with at least 4", and usually more than 8.

SnellySmokesEm

QuoteLast year I didn't even have my first beer until second quarter started

GASP, THUD!!!

Thats unheard of!  You have to keep yourself properly hydrated while cooking all that food.  Start at noon on SuperBowl Sunday to keep your body properly hydrated!   ;D ;D ;D
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

mjdeez

Quote from: SnellySmokesEm on February 02, 2011, 07:22:34 AM
QuoteLast year I didn't even have my first beer until second quarter started

GASP, THUD!!!

Thats unheard of!  You have to keep yourself properly hydrated while cooking all that food.  Start at noon on SuperBowl Sunday to keep your body properly hydrated!   ;D ;D ;D

I tend to make up for it. I definitely did last year.  Ended up pretty hungover on Monday.

The first time I made brisket it was in the smoker for only 8 hours and it was very tender, but a couple of subsequent tries and they were a bit tougher. I plan on starting the butt and the brisket on Saturday, so I plan to be well hydrated for the whole weekend.  ;D

mjdeez

I just remembered I also will have a bacon explosion. I made two for a Rutgers / Army tailgate last October and still have one left over. It's huge, 2lb of gnd pork sausage and 2 lb bacon.

Fernslinger

I am making pulled pork...we do pot luck so who knows what everyone else will bring.

Consiglieri

Brisket, mustard slathered, with sweet/hot rub (from Championship Barbeque, Paul Kirk), 4 hours of hickory/apple/pecan equally split, basted with applejuice, and finished with the last of the saved Soppin' Sauce (thanks Iceman).  Started Saturday evening, continuing through morning.

Pulled pork, same

Baby backs: one rack as above finished with the last of the Soppin' Sauce one rack garlic rubbed salt and pepper and finished with a molasses-rum-mustard glaze (thanks Paul Kirk), one rubbed with garlic, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning served dry.  3 hours of Apple/Maple/Pecan, apple juice basted.  Started early Sunday morning. 

All served with the last of the spiced Christmas ale homebrew, and whatever other interesting beer catches my eye. 

Consiglieri

mjdeez

Oh boy. Not sure if it was the wine or the scotch, but I'm guessing both.  I accidentally used the butt rub on the brisket, and the brisket rub on the pork. Luckily I made enough of the brisket rub for a double batch (just in case    8)) and the pork recipe I used said only to use half at first (which I did, but on the wrong meat) sooo.... after rinsing all those good spices off I was able to get it right without too much hassle.  I'm not sure I can describe the moment where I figured out what went wrong, but I'm sure we've all been there at one point or other, BBQing or not.

If you see how many spices are in the brisket recipe you might understand why I was considering my options of screaming, going in the backyard and throwing stuff, or just leaving it alone and seeing how it came out. Then I remembered I made more rub...

Brisket: http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?532-Brisket-Pachanga&p=845#post845

Pork: http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?86-Pulled-Pork-and-Sauce

DTAggie

They are both dead pieces of meat.  you can't hurt them.. Smoke them!!

wyoduke

Im doing smoked chicken legs and my wing sauce and a big batch of ABT's for a pot luck ;D
1 OBS
1 BRINKMAN
1 ROYAL JOKE
1 Smoke Daddy
1 Brinkman smoker grill
1 Green Mountain Grill

ronbeaux

Wings! Ribs! Beer!

That's all a man needs.........
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

squirtthecat

Ribs and some kind of a chicken and white/black bean 'chili/chowder' of sorts..    That one is still a moving target.

OU812

Still not desided on the meal but one thing is for sure, I'll be havin JD.  ;D