Replaced heating element and still not working....Will not work with puck box

Started by ChristinaA, January 29, 2011, 08:37:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChristinaA

So i got a replacement heating element from Bradley and we installed it. Turned it on and it still didn't heat up... Plugged it directly to outlet and it heats but now it doesnt work when plugged into the puck box... what to do now??? >:(

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

mjdeez

Is the smoke generator showing the correct temperature on the bottom left of the display? Should be the same as the outside temp when you first plug it in or if it is not heating.

If yes, sounds like a bad smoke generator (or like FLBR said bad fuse)
If no, could be bad connection between the generator and tower (thin cable) or bad temp sensor in tower

classicrockgriller

Could be as simple as a loose wire in the smoke generator.

click on this link and go to post #5

Why won't my Digital Bradley Smoker turn on?

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?488-Answers-To-Bradley-Smoker-FAQ-s&p=762#post762

it will link you to how to open your generator.

TedEbear

I always thought the fuse on the smoke generator was specifically for the smoke generator.  There is a 10A in-line fuse for the heating element that you have to remove the back panel of the tower to get to, at least on the OBS.  I have no idea why they designed it like that where someone has to remove 50 screws (well, maybe not quite that many) to check the fuse.

Habanero Smoker

If the heating element works when you directly plug it into a socket, and not the generator, then as others have posted it is either you are not pushing the button firmly enough, the fuse in the generator is blown or there is a loose wire in the generator.

I have never had an in-line fuse blow on me, but Brian posted you can't visibly tell if that fuse is blown. You have to check it with a meter.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)