Yet another new guy

Started by SmokinEverything, February 04, 2011, 03:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmokinEverything

So glad I bought a Bradley, otherwise I probably wouldn't have found this forum. Been reading for a few weeks and have learned a lot from the vast knowledge of both the smoker and the art of smoking in general within the forums. Decided I'd better sign up just incase I get into a snafu and need a quick fix.

I'll mainly be smoking just about anything that will fit in the OBS, some things I'll learn don't need to be smoked, but I'll try anything once. I'll mainly be smoking meats and sausages. I've already delved into the realms of some venison snack sticks which I have yet to hear a complaint, a little beginners luck as I took the IT a bit too high and sacrificed a few to overcooking. Picked up a dual probe PID to help in the future as soon as I read more to use it. Going to try some pulled pork to munch on while rooting on my Steelers this coming Sunday, hoping both will be victorious.

I have knowledge in cooking, worked/managed in restaraunts/steak house after high school. I've been charcoal grilling and limited smoking on grills for years and felt it was time to get a smoker. Looking forward to the experiences.

While cooking is like riding a bike, once you learn you never forget, one must also remember to never forget you can always learn.

While I will probably be reading more than I'm posting, I'm sure I will have a question or two along the way. I've rambled on long enough, so I'll wrap it up and throw it on the smoker.

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum SmokinEverything!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

SouthernSmoked

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum...Enjoy!

http://www.susanminor.org

Remember we like pic's!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

DTAggie

Welcome and yes..Smoke everything you can think of

Jim O

Welcome Smokineverything!

"keep that vent wide open"!

Jim O
- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !

ArnieM

Hi SmokinEverything and welcome to the forum.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

schneep

Retirement, Everyday's a Holiday, and every night's a Saturday night!!

smoker pete

Welcome to the forum SmokinEverything.  Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions and remember that we love photos!!

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

SmokinEverything

Thanks for the welcome everyone, and I agree, pics are great. I did have a few on the phone from my first smoke of the venison sticks.

GusRobin

looks good. You need my address to mail them?
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.