Smoked Tofu?

Started by TomG, August 22, 2005, 04:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomG

I can already hear the groans.  Does anyone have a recipe for smoked tofu?

Thanks-Tom-

Habanero Smoker

I would think that it would be no different then cold smoking cheese. I would just get the firmest tofu available, and select what flavor you want. Maybe the first time, you may want to wrap it in a shingle layer of cheese cloth, in case it has a tendency to fall apart.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

MallardWacker

Groans HUH????  I don't even know what to say here.  Not turning into a veagan are we???

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Groans HUH???? I don't even know what to say here. Not turning into a veagan are we???
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Hey don't listen to DuckMan... he is still pickin' bird shot out of his arse from last year [:D]

Beside he smokes onions and bitches they are hard to keep lit~~! [:0]

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

tsquared

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Hey don't listen to DuckMan... he is still pickin' bird shot out of his arse from last year

Beside he smokes onions and bitches they are hard to keep lit~~!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
LMAO! I needed a laugh tonight Olds, thanks!
T2

MallardWacker

Shall we all now hold hands and sing "Koom-By-Ya"

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

Oldman

<b> "Koom-By-Ya" This Big Daddy!</b>

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

BigSmoker

Is tofu some kind of french cheese[:D][}:)][;)].

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

MallardWacker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Oldman</i>
<br /><b> "Koom-By-Ya" This Big Daddy!</b>

Olds

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">The lips I can handle but it's the freeek'n tongue that scares the crap out of me![xx(]

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

Phone Guy

Most people around here that eat tofu are smokin other stuff...[;)]

Sesh

I'm no vegan but I like japanese and chinese so I eat tofu.  Tofu soaks up flavors like a sponge and is often marinated, then panfried, baked or grilled.  It does not melt like cheese.  If you intend to handle it roughly like grilling then use extra firm.  That said,  I can't really think of anything I would want to use smoked tofu in.  But hey, give it a try and have fun[:D].

RobertBarnett

Try freezing the firm or extra firm stuff, the thaw it, press it to drain it. It comes out very different as the freezing changes the texture and makes it more meat like. I grill this stuff all of the time, the dice it up with tomato, cucumber, fresh dill, mayo and a bit of italian dressing and then add to that some fine shredded lettuce and place in a nice warm flour tortilla and it makes a great sandwich or wrap or whatever you wish to call it. Marinading it before grilling is nice too. I like Myer Lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, olive oil, black pepper and salt.

Robert

psdubl07

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">That said,  I can't really think of anything I would want to use smoked tofu in.  But hey, give it a try and have fun[:D].
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I think it would be good in Miso soup.