Original Bradley Smoker versus Digital Bradley Smoker

Started by Kitch, February 08, 2011, 11:36:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TestRocket

Oh yea! You got a nice box today! Good luck on that chicken and save that sick day for a long smoke when the weather is nice.   ;)

savagefan

Thanx for starting this kitch, was trying to ask the same question in a new thread and got kicked out over the word puzzle. I signed up on this a few years ago and am now getting the time to get going with a smoker and they're on sale yeehaw! Oh now I read the short-cut. "D'oh!"

savagefan

Got the OBS today, smoking salmon candy as I drink and speak. Can't wait.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: savagefan on September 11, 2011, 06:34:05 PM
Got the OBS today, smoking salmon candy as I drink and speak. Can't wait.

Well Congrates on the smoker.

Smoke/Party on!

mikecorn.1

Congrats

---
- Mike.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

a1uc

I just ordered a org smoker , is this still the way to go and then add a Auber PID ? if so can someone link me to the best place to purchase the Auber PID

KyNola

TedEbear

Quote from: a1uc on November 29, 2014, 06:52:10 AM
I just ordered a org smoker , is this still the way to go and then add a Auber PID ? if so can someone link me to the best place to purchase the Auber PID

Some people are going to have kittens when they read that you're wanting to get a PID controller before you even have your smoker.   ;D  I added one to my OBS and I love it.

Anyway, the Auber website at the link posted earlier is the place to get it.  If you like to tinker you can save about 50% and get one like this:

You have to install it in either the smoker generator or a project box.  With the cost of everything to make it work (K-type TC, SSR, etc.) it'll run you around $70-$80.

The plug-n-play versions are easier to just plug in and get going but the cost is around $145 (single probe) to $188 (dual probe).