Sausage Stuffed Smoked Pork Loin

Started by smoker pete, February 27, 2011, 07:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoker pete

Took a 4 lb Pork Loin and stuffed it with homemade breakfast sausage, mushrooms, celery, Mexican blend shredded cheese, and cabbage.  I'm a big fan of cabbage and wanted to see what it would look and taste like.

Cooked the ingredients, mixed in some cheese and stuffed the Pork Loin in a pocket that my Butcher prepared for me.  That baby is stuffed to the gills ;D  Rubbed the Loin with EVOO and Fagundes Seasoning.

PID set to 225ºF.  Applied 3 hours of Hickory smoke and pulled it at an IT of 167ºF.  I realize that's a bit high for some but SWMBO insists that there shall be NO pink when it comes to Pork :-\  Here's a shot before I pulled the Stuffed Pork Loin from the OBS.  Took me 4 hours and 45 minutes.

Made some Dungeness Crab and Shrimp Stuffed Mushrooms for a side dish ... after all, they'll be sitting on the side of my dish ;D ;D

You can see how the pocket provides an ample space for stuffing.  Unfortunately, all the cheese oozed out during the smoke.  Not before it infused a cheesy flavor to the stuffing ... but made a mess inside the OBS.  Sausage and cabbage are a good combination together.  Will have to post my "Bubble and Squeak" recipe with is mostly comprised of sausage and cabbage ... Good stuff Homey ...

The money $$hot ... A couple of slices of sausage stuffed pork loin along with a scoop of Cole Slaw and a side dish of stuffed mushrooms ;D ;D

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

muebe

Looks like another home run Pete ;D Man.... those mushrooms look soooo goood :o
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

squirtthecat

Very nice!

I had to Google 'bubble and squeak'...  :D

OU812

Now thats a good lookin plate of grub!

More shrooms please.  ;D

rdevous

That is a tasty looking plate there Pete.....ummmm may I have another slice and a few more mushrooms...yes thank you, more cole slaw too please???

Ray

If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!