Sausage guys made me do it :)

Started by beefmann, January 18, 2013, 09:12:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beefmann

well finally bit the bullet and made my  first  batch  of sausage,,,, well sausage balls

15 lbs of ground pork

hot italian sausage spices mixed up...  mmmmm great aroma

onto the meat and mixed in

seasonings and meat mixed... let  stand over night

then made into balls and onto trays,,, total trays made was 4

out of the oven .. and already tasting  goooooodddd

Sam3

OU812

Niiiiiice!!

Bout time to make yourself a meatball marinara sammie after all that hard work  ;D

drano

Looks great!
See, it isn't that hard.

SiFumar

Looks great!  Was fun wasn't it?!  Sammies forsure!

Ka Honu

Quote from: beefmann on January 18, 2013, 09:12:12 AMwell finally bit the bullet and made my  first  batch  of sausage,,,,

beefmann - In my world I don't have to call it sausage if I don't grind it myself, it doesn't contain cure, and/or I don't have to push it into some kind of tube.  That way I can make chorizo and other stuff (like your meatballs) without having to say I "made sausage."  It may be a weak distinction but if I admitted to making sausage I'd be obliged to buy all the appropriate toys tools, even more meat and seasonings than I do already, and make an even bigger mess than I do when performing other OCM (outdoor cooking miracles).  No matter how tasty the product, SWMBO would not be at all amused (and I'm not about to risk going there).

That's my story.  It's a good story.  I'm sticking to it.

beefmann

Quote from: Ka Honu on January 18, 2013, 03:27:33 PM
Quote from: beefmann on January 18, 2013, 09:12:12 AMwell finally bit the bullet and made my  first  batch  of sausage,,,,

beefmann - In my world I don't have to call it sausage if I don't grind it myself, it doesn't contain cure, and/or I don't have to push it into some kind of tube.  That way I can make chorizo and other stuff (like your meatballs) without having to say I "made sausage."  It may be a weak distinction but if I admitted to making sausage I'd be obliged to buy all the appropriate toys tools, even more meat and seasonings than I do already, and make an even bigger mess than I do when performing other OCM (outdoor cooking miracles).  No matter how tasty the product, SWMBO would not be at all amused (and I'm not about to risk going there).

That's my story.  It's a good story.  I'm sticking to it.

yah yah yah... yadda yadda yadda,, :) i know  kahona ,, then tis meatballs !!!!

Keymaster

There dang good lookin sausage meatballs if I say so myself. Nice Job!!!

PapaC

Looks mighty tasty beefmann! Good job.
I'm just a social smoker, I can quit any time I want.