Author Topic: Thermapen  (Read 3055 times)

Offline rcger

Thermapen
« on: March 02, 2011, 01:13:58 PM »
I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on the Thermapen Splash-proof thermometer?  I'd love to hear your reviews.  Thanks!
There's room for all of God's critters right next to the mashed taters and gravy!

Offline Habanero Smoker

• Member Extraordinaire
  • KCBS - Master Certified Barbecue Judge
Re: Thermapen
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 01:41:58 PM »
I had a Thermapen for over five years and got the Splash-proof one in early January. My first one still has the original battery, and I use it a lot . That one I'm about to give it to one of my nieces. It performs just as great as the original, except it is water proof which makes it better. I use it almost daily to get a quick instant read on foods. I occasionally will check the ambient air temperature with it.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Offline rcger

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 01:46:35 PM »
That's the type of feedback I'm looking for, Habs!  I appreciate it.
There's room for all of God's critters right next to the mashed taters and gravy!

Offline utahsmokin

Re: Re: Thermapen
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 04:25:48 PM »
Thermoworks is a great company and even if you have q problem they will make it right

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Utahsmokin!!!!

Offline rcger

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 06:00:35 PM »
Thanks, Utah!  Sounds like their customer service is like Bradley's.  I've got a question for you...Do you know if the governor signed the bill which would prohibit an out of stater from getting a Utah concealed carry permit unless they had one from their home state?  Don't know if you're a gun person or not.

Offline Mr Walleye

• Member Extraordinaire
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 07:56:05 PM »
I'm with Habs on this one. I have had the splashproof one since they came out and I have not had any problems with it. I use it for absolutely everything and wouldn't be without it.

Wow... you'd think I ownwed the company!  :D

I don't... wish I did though.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Offline iceman

• Member Extraordinaire
  • 9 out of 10 people like BBQ. The 10th person lied!
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 11:47:11 AM »
Thermapen has done well IMO and customer service has been grerat for me. Yep, right along the lines of Bradley.