storage

Started by jiggaman, February 10, 2011, 01:20:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jiggaman

Hi Guys,

Lurker that finally pulled the trigger!

Just brought her to my home.  I'm at a apartment for now till the wifey comes in june.

I don't feel comfortable leaving his out on my patio in my apartment because it faces the street.  I live in a college town so you never know what stupid kids will do sometimes....

Think its ok to store it sideways in like a large rubbermaid or something?

Any ideas/tips is greatly appreciated.

Tenpoint5

Why not make a small cart with casters on it and just wheel it in when not in use. Your batching it so a light smokey aroma in the living room will be just fine. Well until the wife shows up!!

But yes you should be able to take it apart and put it in side of a container like that. Just make sure that all of your connections are fully plugged in when you put it back together.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

jiggaman

how much smell lingers after using it?  will it be overwelming indoors?

Tenpoint5

I dont think so. I know one of the Forum members (Toker) is in a wheel chair and he has his smoker rigged through the window in his kitchen. So it can't be too bad
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

RAF128

I don't think you want a light smokey aroma in a rental apartment.    Owner might be a little miffed and there goes the damage deposit.  Store it sideways

jiggaman

what about those storage bins that lock on the sides... air doesn't really get out of them... do i need to be concerned with ants? etc?

beefmann

you can use one of them and place some ant poison  around the base and you should be fine

jiggerjams

I am so space deprived I do store mine in the living room. ;D ;D

Quarlow

I smoke on our porch and then I bring the smoker in and it sits in the corner of the kitchen. You get a little smell of smoke for a couple of days but just keep the vent closed and don't open the door and it will be fine. We love the smell so it is no problem. And you will need to condition your wife to the ways of the smoke so she can embrace the smoke. ;D
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

jiggaman

Quote from: Quarlow on February 12, 2011, 12:01:28 PM
I smoke on our porch and then I bring the smoker in and it sits in the corner of the kitchen. You get a little smell of smoke for a couple of days but just keep the vent closed and don't open the door and it will be fine. We love the smell so it is no problem. And you will need to condition your wife to the ways of the smoke so she can embrace the smoke. ;D

backhand or forehand... i'm KIDDING!!

:o

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

jiggerjams