Bottled sauce

Started by SiFumar, February 18, 2011, 02:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MechMedic130

I've tried the Sweet Baby Rays before and I liked it a lot, very sweet sauce though. If you are looking for something tangy and bit more tomato'y Dinosaur BBQ Sauce is a good fit.

http://www.dinosaurbarbque.com/store/products.aspx?cat=1

It's the Sensuous Slathering Sauce.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: MechMedic130 on March 12, 2011, 01:05:55 PM
I've tried the Sweet Baby Rays before and I liked it a lot, very sweet sauce though. If you are looking for something tangy and bit more tomato'y Dinosaur BBQ Sauce is a good fit.

http://www.dinosaurbarbque.com/store/products.aspx?cat=1

It's the Sensuous Slathering Sauce.

I use Dinosaur sauces often. They are thinner than most sauces on the market. I not only use them during cooking, but they also make good dipping sauces; except for the Wango Tango Habanero sauce. The Creole and Mojito sauces are new to his line, and I haven't tried them yet.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

iceman

I kinda like Sop'n Sauce from Alaska. He he he he  :D ;)
OK, back to my corner, drinking at a distance.

century

What do you guys recommend to cut down the sweetness of the SBRs?

smoke em if you got em

Head Country is pretty good
OBS w/ dual element and fan mods
Dual-Probe auber pid
Charbroil BEESR
Charbroil SRG
Excalibur 9 tray dehydrator
Outdoor Gourmet pellet grill
Old Smokey #22 charcoal grill
Camp Chef DLX pellet grill

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: century on March 26, 2011, 07:34:29 PM

What do you guys recommend to cut down the sweetness of the SBRs?

I add either cider or white vinegar until I like the taste, but any acidic liquid will work, such as lemon juice, or lime juice etc. It will thin it down a little, but that sauce is already pretty thick. If you want to thicken it up again, a little cornstarch should work, just mix the starch with some water before adding it to the sauce. Also if you have it in your area you could use Sour Salt, and it will not thin down your sauce. It is powdered citric acid that you can find in the kosher sections of most supermarkets.

And yes!!! Sop'n Sauce is great.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

KyNola

Quote from: iceman on March 26, 2011, 06:22:22 PM
Ice, that's just down right mean. ;) :D

Say hello to Ann and the puppies for me. :)

SiFumar

Quote from: iceman on March 26, 2011, 06:22:22 PM

I sure would like to try it....do you sell it? I have a brother in a little village there called Nondalton.  He heads to the lower 48 for six weeks every winter. 

IKnowWood

And here I get some time to check-in and I see more talk on looking for good BBQ sauce.  I still have ONE jar of Sop'n Sauce left, I have not made Ribs in over a year and only one Meatloaf in that time, all for holding on that last bottle.  I have got to get over it, try something else...  I might try that Carolina Treat original, but I fear it might not have that kick I love..

But I am back read'n and pot'n. Got to get that app to make it easier.

See ya all around..
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

Habanero Smoker

Hi IKnowWood,

Good to see you posting again.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

La Quinta

I myself have squirreled away 2 jars of sopping sauce..  ;D
.(only used for special occasions) however I do like Datil Do It BBQ sauce from Florida...it's a thinner sauce but has a nice punch behind it from those datil peppers...

Great dipping sauce too...

Foodie

Why not use your Dads sauce but squeeze some fresh lime over the finished product...

viper125

Shacks BBQ Goes great on any thing. Just google and its a free recipe too!
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

Consooger

you can get Starnes online. I have heard great things about this and I just ordered some online.

http://www.jpsaucehouse.com/
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

La Quinta

Ice...I did crack open a jar today...hubby has been feeling a little punk so smoked him some ribs and fed him some magic sauce!!! He should be better tomorrow!!!  ;D